Am I the only one who takes unflattering race photos? (Pic!)

Options
Every race, I tell myself - this will be the one where I look so tough & amazing when I get my race photos. After last weekend's 5K my hopes were high. I've lost a lot of weight in the last year & improved my speed. Unfortunately I look like a hot mess in most of them.

So I've decided, it is what it is, and it's time to just laugh and not take myself so seriously.

4vnw2s.jpg

Thought I'd share. :) Do your race/event photos often suck too? Feel free to share 'em if you'd like.

Replies

• Desi2479
    Desi2479 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Have never taken a good race photo, except maybe the half that I didn't train well enough for and walked most of it. I waved in a lot of those pics.

The worst are when I know I'm getting my picture taken and I try to smile. I just look like I'm gonna cut someone.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I was able to get a really good one during my marathon in NOLA. I think it is because I saw the camera guy. Normally I am a hot mess. nv1bwcw7t6gs.jpg
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    OMG...I think I know the girl in the "reality" photo....she is a National class runner. Super fast! I'm sure she doesn't give a rip what she looks like as she wins the race.

I take awful photos...as my profile photo is evidence.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    I've never seen a flattering one, everyone looks like they're in pain to me
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    I have had hundreds of race photos taken. Of those hundreds, only ONE was ever any good and it is the picture you see to the left of this post.

Every other one... EVERY... looks like I am about to die, or puke, or pass out, or punch out the photographer...
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    I have had hundreds of race photos taken. Of those hundreds, only ONE was ever any good and it is the picture you see to the left of this post.

Every other one... EVERY... looks like I am about to die, or puke, or pass out, or punch out the photographer...

I'm pretty sure my avatar is the one that I don't look horrible. I mean, the actual real sized pic isn't the best but it is the best of the worst.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I don't like my photos on a day when my hair and makeup are perfectly done and I'm smiling for the camera while holding my tongue to the roof of my mouth and tilting my head just so. Looking at half marathon photos is my idea of hell. I've yet to find one that I'd be willing to share with anyone.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I was able to get a really good one during my marathon in NOLA. I think it is because I saw the camera guy. Normally I am a hot mess. nv1bwcw7t6gs.jpg

That is an amazing picture!! :) LOVE it.

• arussell134
    Options
    OMG...I think I know the girl in the "reality" photo....she is a National class runner. Super fast! I'm sure she doesn't give a rip what she looks like as she wins the race.

I take awful photos...as my profile photo is evidence.

HA HA HA! You made my day. :)

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Nah, mine look like I just emptied my bowels...
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    This one of my brother and I always makes me laugh. It looks more like we're doing the Party Rock Shuffle than running.

umehuble9qu5.jpg
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    ^^^ That's a good pic!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laughs! My race photos always look a mess too.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    LOL this was awesome! Thank you for being such a great sport!

My cross country coach (25+ years ago) told me, "well, you aren't the most graceful runner I've ever coached, but you do get it done." LOL ... way to boost the ego of a teenaged girl, sir.

To this day, I pull out the Fonzie thumbs when I'm getting tired and then when I start really picking up the pace, I add my pinkies into the mix so it looks like I'm giving a perpetual Hang-10 sign. Yes, I'm that cool.
  • 4leighbee
    Options

That is an amazing picture!! :) LOVE it.

+1 and (I'm not flirting with you but) awesome quads!
  • arussell134
    Options

Oh my goodness, these are hilarious! I love the duathlon one too - brilliant! The fact that are running in the woods gives it an extra special quality! Thanks for sharing and making me smile!

• arussell134
    Options
    This one of my brother and I always makes me laugh. It looks more like we're doing the Party Rock Shuffle than running.

umehuble9qu5.jpg

Love it!!

• arussell134
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »

My cross country coach (25+ years ago) told me, "well, you aren't the most graceful runner I've ever coached, but you do get it done." LOL ... way to boost the ego of a teenaged girl, sir.

To this day, I pull out the Fonzie thumbs when I'm getting tired and then when I start really picking up the pace, I add my pinkies into the mix so it looks like I'm giving a perpetual Hang-10 sign. Yes, I'm that cool.

Hey - I kind of look like I'm doing that in my photo above!! What on Earth?! LOL

• 4leighbee
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »

Hey - I kind of look like I'm doing that in my photo above!! What on Earth?! LOL

Oh no ... forget I said anything!! Geez ... lol