Am I the only one who takes unflattering race photos? (Pic!)

Options

Replies

• Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    _Tink_ wrote: »
    I've actually had a few fairly decent ones from obstacle races. Which is surprising because I don't tend to look good in most pictures.
    aqf0kh592z11.jpg

pvizihwk3wh1.png

8sp6zx3e2f04.jpg

My first thought was, SHE LOOKS LIKE A FRIGGIN FITNESS SUPERMODEL OR SOMETHING.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Zara11 wrote: »
    I've actually had a few fairly decent ones from obstacle races. Which is surprising because I don't tend to look good in most pictures.
    aqf0kh592z11.jpg

pvizihwk3wh1.png

8sp6zx3e2f04.jpg

Right. So ... you are not welcome here. haha - totally joking. You look fantastic!
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    aqf0kh592z11.jpg

pvizihwk3wh1.png

8sp6zx3e2f04.jpg

Wow, thank you! I always just hope for one that isn't awful. lol
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I just did a 7k in Denver and my husband was at the finish line about to take my picture and he said I looked so awful he just couldn't take it. I love him.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    The ones of me on my bike seem to turn out well (I always seem to be smiling when I ride) but running I usually look like I've been stabbed.....
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    ?tn=-1584606223

Here's a super flattering photo of me finishing a 4 in HS. (I just skipped my 10 year reunion, so I'm a baby in this picture.) But check out those raptor arms!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    This one of my brother and I always makes me laugh. It looks more like we're doing the Party Rock Shuffle than running.

umehuble9qu5.jpg

At a quick first glance it looks like he is melting into the pavement! Then you realise there is a wall there ha ha. :smiley:
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    42wu8pxr9rvw.jpg
    0g7hxev1edc0.jpg
    cbjywj28zavj.jpg

These are the only 3 I've had taken. First one was 2010 at my heaviest weight of 235#. Next was 2011 after finishing P90X and down to about 210#. Last one was 2012 back up around 220#.

I'd be interested to see one now as I'm all the way down to 172# after joining MFP 15 months ago :D
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »

I'd be interested to see one now as I'm all the way down to 172# after joining MFP 15 months ago :D

Amazing progress - great job!
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »
    McCloud33 wrote: »

Amazing progress - great job!

Thanks @4leighbee!
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    These are more recent.

wxsd7rmb2hdp.jpg
    n47vxnpxnrlm.jpg

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a hat to races, which obscures my face in most race photos, since finish photos are taken from above. So the only things you can see are my killer legs and my super neon shirt, and the race bib hides any belly pudge, so usually my race photos are decent. You just can barely tell it's ME in them, haha. However, on rare occasions when I see the photographer guys, I try to give a thumbs up and a smile and end up looking super derpy.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I just did a 7k in Denver and my husband was at the finish line about to take my picture and he said I looked so awful he just couldn't take it. I love him.

OMG that is hilarious!!

• arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    aqf0kh592z11.jpg

pvizihwk3wh1.png

8sp6zx3e2f04.jpg

Holy crap these are amazing photos! See, now you've just given a few of us false hope to keep trying for good race photos! LOL!

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a hat to races, which obscures my face in most race photos, since finish photos are taken from above. So the only things you can see are my killer legs and my super neon shirt, and the race bib hides any belly pudge, so usually my race photos are decent. You just can barely tell it's ME in them, haha. However, on rare occasions when I see the photographer guys, I try to give a thumbs up and a smile and end up looking super derpy.

@kristinegift, proof!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

@kristinegift, proof!

yi5ndzez9ane.png

From above --> good!

nj4pfsiynwd9.png

Tried to look cool --> nope!

And yes. I wore virtually the same outfit to not just these two but to THREE races last fall. Oops!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

@kristinegift, proof!

yi5ndzez9ane.png

From above --> good!

nj4pfsiynwd9.png

Tried to look cool --> nope!

And yes. I wore virtually the same outfit to not just these two but to THREE races last fall. Oops!

Nothing wrong with that! I wear the same outfits a lot because I know they'll stay where they're supposed to :)
  • tri_bob
    tri_bob Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    If you ever feel like you're not looking good in race pics, check out the Seriously Ugly Race Pics tumblr. I also like to wear hideous clothes, on the assumption that looking ridiculous makes you go faster:
    vcsli8hwrg6x.jpg
  • 4leighbee
    edited March 2015
    Options
    tri_bob wrote: »
    If you ever feel like you're not looking good in race pics, check out the Seriously Ugly Race Pics tumblr. I also like to wear hideous clothes, on the assumption that looking ridiculous makes you go faster:

Awesome! I bet there's some truth to that ... more attention, all the time = A game. I love it!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    tri_bob wrote: »
    vcsli8hwrg6x.jpg
    I want those pants!

Also @kristinegift I like how your shoes match your shirt! =P