What do you guys think of girls with jet black hair?

Options
healthyandfitgirl14
healthyandfitgirl14 Posts: 413 Member
I have dark brown hair and it's getting boring. I want to spice things up a bit by dying my hair jet black. What do you all think of jet black (dyed) hair? I'm curious to hear some opinions. =)

Guys and girls feel free to share your opinion! :)

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    If you like it, I love it.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    Love it! Hot!
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I like brunettes.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not a guy, but I think it depends on your skin tone. I have light skin with pink undertones, and jet black would just make my skin look ruddy.
  • sidewinder76
    sidewinder76 Posts: 287
    Options
    If you like it, I love it.

I agree, If you love it thats all that matters
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not a guy, but I think it depends on your skin tone. I have light skin with pink undertones, and jet black would just make my skin look ruddy.

You look amazing as a redhead. Never ever ever ever change that.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    This chick is hawt...
    tumblr_mk4lxlXFTN1rkpg3mo1_500_zps5df0790d.gif
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    This chick is hawt...
    tumblr_mk4lxlXFTN1rkpg3mo1_500_zps5df0790d.gif

so cute!
  • wblovelace
    Options
    I think that whatever a girl wants to do with her body is none of my business
  • healthyandfitgirl14
    Options

EEK! I have pale skin. But I am trying to tan this summer ;)
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for a natural dark hair look or truly jet black?
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Make sure you pick the right black...yes there are different shades of black when it comes to hair!
  • healthyandfitgirl14
    Options

Jet black baby!!!! :bigsmile: I already have natural dark brown hair, and it ain't doing any favors for me.
  • Pamella513
    Pamella513 Posts: 72
    Options
    I have pale skin as well but when I dye my hair black it looks fine. I'm brunette as well and I get bored with my hair.....so I dye it a color that is called "almost black". It brings out my facial features real nice.....makes my green eyes pop.

If you don't like it, you can always dye it back.
  • bella_alexsandra
    Options
    I like it a lot but it can kill your hair follicles and strip them completely. I had shoulder length healthy hair normally brunette (I am dark blonde) dyed it black and regretted it after a few weeks. My hair was not the same and I ended up having to cut it all off to regrow it. This process has taken over 2 years. So if you plan to do it DONT do it at home, see a professional. The boxes will murder your hair. Otherwise, good luck!! :)
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

Jet black baby!!!! :bigsmile: I already have natural dark brown hair, and it ain't doing any favors for me.

Ah ok, jet black would be good on you then, just make sure your complexion doesn't get too light or you may look a little goth. ;)

FYI, genetically there is no such thing as black hair which is why it stands out so much. Even people that look like they have black hair is really just a very dark shade of brown, like mysel (Asian hair).
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I think it looks great on women with pale skin...it only looks wrong on lets say older individuals (gray eyebrows and a good recollection of war-bonds)

Remember tho when you go black its hard to go back (I know that sounds like a pun) what I mean is it takes a fair amount of bleaching to strip the black out of your hair.

I'm sure you will look stunning.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options

EEK! I have pale skin. But I am trying to tan this summer ;)

There's different types of pale. Like my roommate is also pale but has yellow undertones. I only know my skin type because my friend is a Mary Kay consultant. Maybe someone at a makeup counter could help you figure it out. There's a lot of resources on the internet that can help you figure out what would look good with your skin tone. For me, it's ashy blonde, very dark browns, bright reds...
  • healthyandfitgirl14
    Options
    I have pale skin as well but when I dye my hair black it looks fine. I'm brunette as well and I get bored with my hair.....so I dye it a color that is called "almost black". It brings out my facial features real nice.....makes my green eyes pop.

If you don't like it, you can always dye it back.

OMG! Are we like twins or something?! I am a brunette with green eyes and pale skin too! :D
  • healthyandfitgirl14
    Options

Ah ok, jet black would be good on you then, just make sure your complexion doesn't get too light or you may look a little goth. ;)

FYI, genetically there is no such thing as black hair which is why it stands out so much. Even people that look like they have black hair is really just a very dark shade of brown, like mysel (Asian hair).

Haha I said I'm going to tan this summer! Hello tan! :bigsmile: