Cellucor Super HD (or any other fat burning supplements)

Options
2»

Replies

• beaky1980
    beaky1980 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    What is HD? Not sure I've seen/heard of it, and all that comes up on google is HD television LOL

Cellucor: Super HD
    High-Def Weight Loss Support!*

Fat Targeting & Sculpting Agent!*

That's what I got from the interwebs
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I drink one-two cups of coffee every morning, I'm assuming I wouldn't want to do that if I take the supp then?? Haha. I've read a lot about the caffeine charge when people take it, I think I'd only start out with one in the morning for a couple days then bump up to one in the morning and one 5-6 hours later just to ease myself into it.

I would recommend you still be careful. You can probably still drink the coffee but I'd say take the pill first and see if you still need the coffee; I doubt you will. I've taken a lot of supplement laded caffeine over the year to the point where I now detox one a quarter just to reset my tolerance. I've gone up to a gram a day before and still the super HD was too strong. It wasn't the caffeine though, there is something else that nauseates the heck out of me, probably too much green tea extract.
  • infamousdrew76
    infamousdrew76 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    What is HD? Not sure I've seen/heard of it, and all that comes up on google is HD television LOL

That is what you got from the interwebs huh?

It doesn't claim to be some "magic weight loss" pill!

I don't understand why people that are so anti-supplement keep coming on these threads to talk about things they either:

a: know nothing about and have never tried

b: maybe have tried, but expected it to be that "magic weight loss pill" and failed

It's not magic....it's a supplement, and it may help some people. The fat burning aspect is up for debate, but to say it can't help with energy and appetite supressing is dumb unless you've tried it.

In fact many of the people that bash these things have no problem drinking massive amounts of caffeine, which also has some of the same effect!

If you don't like it, don't use it....but why be negative about someone trying to ask a simple question?
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I have taken one cycle a year ago and just started another one yesterday. Last year, I wasn't doing everything else right to see a big difference. This year, I've been a little more strategic in my approach. I personally love HD. The caffeine jolt is crazy, so be prepared for that. It will work if you're doing everything else right. Good diet, strength training, cardio, supplementation. I'm tracking EVERYTHING. My food, my routine, my weight, pics, everything. I can keep you in the loop on my progress if you'd like!

That would be awesome! See, what I'm worried about is the fact that I don't do a lot of weights or strength training. I use my body weight as resistance while working out and I do a lot of cardio, but that's about it. I try to hit my macros 40/30/30 Carbs/proteins/fats. Key word "TRY" I'm still new to macros and I'm really trying to get on board with it. The one thing I want out of it is fat burn! I can feel my abs below my layer of fat and I can feel my quads and definitely SEE the progress, but there's that stubborn fat around it that's just getting me down!
    Do you do ab exercises? That will help them pop out. I've read that HD is good for the stubborn fat, that's one of the reasons I took it the first time. I can't really speak to the need for weight lifting while on them, but I strongly say that pushing yourself harder with weight training while on them will help burn calories, I sweat like crazy working out!

:noway: :noway: :noway:

ab exercises, or any other exercise, don't make the muscles 'pop out', unless your bf is already really low.

the calorie burn for most people during weight lifting is minimal. it works to bring out the abs, but not bc of the calorie burn during the workout. lifting both strengthens the muscles and changes body composition to lose fat while keeping muscle.
  • Dewdropps
    Dewdropps Posts: 111
    Options

I don't understand why people that are so anti-supplement keep coming on these threads to talk about things they either:

b: maybe have tried, but expected it to be that "magic weight loss pill" and failed

It's not magic....it's a supplement, and it may help some people. The fat burning aspect is up for debate, but to say it can't help with energy and appetite supressing is dumb unless you've tried it.

In fact many of the people that bash these things have no problem drinking massive amounts of caffeine, which also has some of the same effect!

If you don't like it, don't use it....but why be negative about someone trying to ask a simple question?

Everyone needs to chillax a bit. Neither one of us posted anything negative... I asked what it was and he copied/pasted from a website he found. I don't see anything wrong with that.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I took it and liked it. I've never really taken diet pills for weight loss though. More to get through 9 to 16hr days of working

hmm...Would you think I would need to lift weights in order for this to work? Or do you think doing Ripped in 30 and No More Trouble Zones (Jillian Michaels dvds) will be ok? That's what I'm concerned about...not getting any results because I don't lift lol.

Thanks everyone for your input! I really appreciate it! :)

No, you wouldn't have to lift. Any type of actvity would be fine. They give you that little boost of energy that you might need to get over that 'lazy' hump. At least they do for me. I say if your healthy and you've read the warning label, take em.
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I was on it and it worked great for me....i wasnt lifting i was doing a lot of cardio....i took a long break like recommended and...i am now doing p90x and just started it back up today along with CLK...im excited!! =)
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options

Thank You!!...if someone wants to take something...or workout or eat a certain way that is their business....theres no sense in being negative just because you dont support it...everyone gets results their own way!! There is NO harm in asking a question for help or guidance!
  • heather_huggins
    heather_huggins Posts: 194 Member
    Options

THANK YOU!!! I was clearly just asking a simple question. No, it is not magic. I still work out, I still monitor my diet. It just gives me an extra "boost" of energy and helps with metabolism. As he said, you don't agree? Don't give your input. Thanks.
  • heather_huggins
    heather_huggins Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I was on it and it worked great for me....i wasnt lifting i was doing a lot of cardio....i took a long break like recommended and...i am now doing p90x and just started it back up today along with CLK...im excited!! =)

WOOOO! If you see this, please let me know of your results!! My friend is taking the HD in a stack w/ CLK and I'm excited to see her results. I've only been taking HD and LOVE it! Sometimes I get a bit jittery or sweaty, but then I grab a snack and feel just fine :) It's helped me lose the 5 lbs of water weight I gained from the beginning of this month AND an additional 1 lb. Might not sound like much, only 1 lb, but when you've been at a plateau forever it really is wonderful!!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

THANK YOU!!! I was clearly just asking a simple question. No, it is not magic. I still work out, I still monitor my diet. It just gives me an extra "boost" of energy and helps with metabolism. As he said, you don't agree? Don't give your input. Thanks.

Actually, you asked for opinions, good or bad.

Unlike others, I'm actually qualified to give advice on supplements to athletes and exercisers.

We're trying to save you time and money on things that are proven, unequivocally, to be ineffective.

However, you're still going to do whatever but I'd also like suggest you try gaining lean muscle by screaming at mice while wearing a zebra onesie.
    Just 'cos 'science' doesn't say it works, you're not allowed an opinion unless you've tried it yourself, right?
    Remember, it's not 'magic', you still have to follow a resistance exercise program with the correct nutrition and rest :smile:

Animal-Adult-Onesie-Zebra-Kigurumi-Pajamas-650x975.jpg
  • kristirlk
    kristirlk Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have been taking it since Friday... The scale is saying Im losing. I go with a 1300 calorie diet and try to go to the gym at least a few times during the week. It definitely gives me a lets get up and do something attitude.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I don't really see anything in it that would work except the caffeine and maybe the red pepper; Cellucor is $79 for 120 caps and caffeine is, like, $10 for 200. Not that I'm saying you should be taking caffeine tabs, either. Just puttin' it out there.
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Week 8: Down 6 lbs (at a 2300-2600 cal diet), down 1.5% BF
  • shamah84
    shamah84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thinking of trying this... Has everyone gotten good results? :)
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I drink the strawberry lemonade daily. I love it!!!!! It does raise your body temp. I sweat when I use it. But it does give me energy when I work out!!!!