Any girls here that are trying to gain weight?

Options

Replies

• nataliejwong
    Options
    Trying to gain muscle and tone up. I have always been petite and below 100lbs at 5ft and a half.

I am trying this app out and keep track of my calories intake for next month or so. I don't run as much now ( lose too much weight ) but I have been rock climbing ( bouldering ) at my local gym about 2-3x a week. When it's nice out, I try climbing outdoors as well.

It's nice to see there are others who want to gain weight too. Feel free to add me as a friend too! :)
  • laurengross456
    laurengross456 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm trying to gain weight, too. I'm finding it really hard though.
  • Lady_jane_
    Lady_jane_ Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Me! Trying to increase my muscle mass, I want stronger legs and core and growing a booty in the meantime won't hurt.... and I have so much more energy now that I'm eating at the correct levels :)
  • letsgain01
    letsgain01 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Me! Me! Pick me!
  • tiffanyaiv
    tiffanyaiv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Lady_jane_ wrote: »
    Me! Trying to increase my muscle mass, I want stronger legs and core and growing a booty in the meantime won't hurt.... and I have so much more energy now that I'm eating at the correct levels :)

Same here!! :smiley:
  • emilybradshaw25
    Options
    Glad to see so many in the same situation as me!! Seems to be lots of help for women losing weight and less for us that are gaining! I'm underweight.. 46kg atm hoping to get to 65kg ultimately and then maintain that weight. Have struggled with my weight for 4 years and also have fibromyalgia and hypermobility syndrome so struggle with energy levels :\ increased my calories to 3000 per day and seen improvements :D any tips on what to eat? Feel free to add me as a friend :#<3
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    in…for all the ladies that eat big and lift big..!
  • JiveDoc
    JiveDoc Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm recovering from a wretched illness that led to the massive weight loss, but I'm eating a lot of good stuff (and supplementing with Ensure Plus)...I eat a mostly vegetarian diet. For medical reasons I have to keep protein intake low. I'm at 2200 now but may need to increase. Feel free to add me!
  • fitangel85
    fitangel85 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm trying to gain weight and build lean muscle... I'm 5'2 and 114 lbs. Trying to gain at least 15-16 lbs by summer and tone up my core. It's a struggle. But I refuse to give up.
  • slp1024
    slp1024 Posts: 1
    Options
    Me!!!
  • jlchitin2
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and was down to 95lbs. Trying to get up to 110. I'm also breastfeeding which burns about 500 calories a day. It's tough and I'm struggling to gain weight. First I'd like to gain weight them build some muscle.
  • sophie94x2014
    sophie94x2014 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me, feel free to add me :)
  • EmmaHynard
    EmmaHynard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yes! any help and advice would be appreciated! been trying to gain for 3 years+ now, but want to do it healthily with a lot of lean muscle! currently aiming for 2500 kcal a day but get confused on how much carbs/fat/sugar etc to have because every piece of advice from 'health experts' contradicts the last!
  • crazy_angie2004
    Options
    Me!!! I've always been very petite and have a really hard time gaining weight
  • crystalsorrells71
    Options
    I am trying to gain. I am 110 at 33 yrs old and after 3 children. Trying to gain like 20-25 lbs so that i feel better. I workout 3 times a week but only small stuff right now since i just started a week ago. I take rhodiola and nutri lite and body key products. So far no success. Did weigh in friday gained a pound but then Tuesday lost a pound cause i didnt eat enough calories. My biggest issue is schedulong and planning right now with seven.ppl in my house eating differently.
  • nataliejwong
    Options
    Definitely. I can relate too. It's very difficult to maintain a food schedule when you're working full time during the day. I feel that using this app has helped me keep me on track. I am on my one week now and so far there's been good progress. :)

Here's a good read for those who are trying to gain weight without dairy foods ( lactose intolerance ) : http://www.godairyfree.org/ask-alisa/ask-alisa-i-am-too-thin-how-can-i-prevent-further-weight-loss-on-a-dairy-free-diet

I have the same problem so it's nice to come across an article that writes about this.
  • crystalsorrells71
    Options
    Thanks natalie only three days for me. Results none yet. I am hoping this app will help me.
  • jontucc
    jontucc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am trying to gain muscles. I am 157cm and 49kg. Whenever I gain weight it goes straight to my tummy so I actually recently lost 2kg to lose some belly fat. Am now going to start lifting weights to try gain muscles.
    My plan is strong lifts 5x5 as I have read lots of recommendations on here. What are you girls doing?
  • lionesslindsey
    lionesslindsey Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am, I'm trying to get over 100 lbs. i'm 5"3 and I've never been over 95, so this is tough, but I want to be healthy more than anything, so. Good luck to all of you out there trying to gain as well!
  • yorletty
    yorletty Posts: 1
    Options
    Me too. !! Currently looking to add about 20-25 pounds. Ladies add me. Need the support. (*)