Any girls here that are trying to gain weight?

Options

Replies

• JiveDoc
    JiveDoc Posts: 284 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It's super hard and takes a lot of effort especially when you are running or doing a lot of other cardio. I have to eat five times a day to fit it all in and it is not very comfortable even with Ensures! You can always add a banana and some PB to your Ensure and make it an extra 3-400 calories by blending it up that way.

ETA: Medjool dates pack a caloric punch too. And they're tiny.
  • fightingwombats
    fightingwombats Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ruddhl7933 wrote: »
    Net Calories? ?? I'm still baffled by this. ..my goal is 2600 per day...my Fitbit is synced up and says I burned 2000 calories today. So I need to consume 4600 calories in a day? ???? I don't see how that possible. I am not doing that much cardio...mainly weight training. I do a 15 minute HIIT or jump rope to warm up or maybe some sprints and run a 5k once or twice a week. The rest of y he time is spent lifting. So what's the word folks? Advice appreciated

You burn calories just to live. If you were to lie in bed and do absolutely nothing you would probably burn 1200 calories. Your goal is 2600 calories so that you are eating more than you are burning. You will be up by 600 by the end of the day. I hope this helps, message me if you want to talk about it more.
  • brineelu
    brineelu Posts: 3
    Options
    I need to gain but I don't know how
  • DanielleMay2015
    DanielleMay2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one
  • s_hossein
    s_hossein Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Me!
    Can anyone recommend good snacks? Someone suggested icecream, but isn't that full of sugar?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    s_hossein wrote: »
    Me!
    Can anyone recommend good snacks? Someone suggested icecream, but isn't that full of sugar?

and calories.

which is almost all that matters on a bulk.

ice cream- gelato- gummy bears- nuts- pizza- bagels- beer.

Whatever it takes.

Peanut butter and carrot sticks makes a good snack. and peanut butter is high calorie. So win win.
  • sherrifen3
    sherrifen3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm a figure skater, but I have anxiety and depression issues that have made me lose a ton of weight. I'm hoping to gain 25 lbs so I can be healthier and stronger for my sport
  • sherrifen3
    sherrifen3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me!

Peanut butter! It is literally the greatest thing ever. Lots of healthy fats and proteins. Also, full-fat Greek yogurt with nuts and honey is quick and delicous.
  • fightingwombats
    fightingwombats Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    veggies with hummus dip is a great snack!
  • christinas_06
    christinas_06 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm trying to gain weight that I lost accidentally. I'm 5'3" and 114lbs, which on me looks EXTRA skinny... I want my butt backkk
  • PMSing247
    PMSing247 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    sherrifen3 wrote: »
    Me!

Peanut butter! It is literally the greatest thing ever. Lots of healthy fats and proteins. Also, full-fat Greek yogurt with nuts and honey is quick and delicous.

I normally put peanut butter on a slice of bread and cut up a banana and put it on the peanut butter bread and wash it down with a protein shake. Or even multigrain Cheerios or chex cereal with 2% milk.
  • PMSing247
    PMSing247 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    brineelu wrote: »
    I need to gain but I don't know how

I use a mass weight gainer to help me because I can't eat all day but the one bad thing is it gives you a tummy! You will have to do ab workout or cardio to keep your stomach the same or small.
  • SavannaChristman
    Options
    Yes I'm trying to gain weight! I'm 5'6 and 115 pounds. Sounds really skinny, but I've actually gained 7 pounds. My goal weight for now is 120 pounds :)
  • PoshnPetite
    Options
    I'm 5'2, fluctuating between 106-108 lbs and I'm trying to gain weight to fill out my wedding dress really nicely by September :) I'm doing 2100 calories to gain a pound a week. I want to be a solid 115. I am doing P90x3 but I feel like I'm missing something. I used to lift at a gym but found this would be easier to save some money.
  • posionkiss
    posionkiss Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and have been notoriously underweight forever. I don't always "feel" hungry and that's what gets me into trouble. That and i had really bad anxiety that had me dropping weight like crazy. I run 2-3 times a week as it helps with my anxiety and I've actually gained a little bit since I can eat now. I still struggle to get enough calories in a day.
  • eveerisy
    eveerisy Posts: 1
    Options
    yep, trying to gain about 20 lbs so I can have a "healthy" bmi :)
  • MissMary75044
    MissMary75044 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    posionkiss wrote: »
    I'm 5'6 and have been notoriously underweight forever. I don't always "feel" hungry and that's what gets me into trouble. That and i had really bad anxiety that had me dropping weight like crazy. I run 2-3 times a week as it helps with my anxiety and I've actually gained a little bit since I can eat now. I still struggle to get enough calories in a day.

Anxiety caused me to lose my appetite and lose weight as well. Everyone thinks that women eat when they are stressed but for me it's just the opposite. Some days I was only eating a few bites of food all day. Other times I can feel hungry and then bad stress hits and I won't be hungry any more.

Two years ago my life was a roller coaster, my boyfriend of 12 years left me for another woman. I got promoted at work which was good but it put me on my feet a lot more. Between the two I lost weight and haven't been able to gain since.
  • notwhatyouthink
    notwhatyouthink Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bedtime444 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing girls at least I'm not the only one :) I'm 95 pounds to hoping to get around 9 stone X

What country are you in that you have pounds AND stones?
  • pffureypaige0
    Options
    I'm trying to gain weight!!! Im almost three months pregnant and when I first found out I was I weighed 95 pounds ive always been self conscious about my weight because I'm so little I tend to let myself go hungry and forget about the fact that I need to eat food when I get upset about things in my life or things start to get rough. I've been through a lot and I'm just trying to get over it and be able to have an appetite no matter what situation I am in. I weigh 100 now so it is a positive change!
  • pffureypaige0
    Options
    posionkiss wrote: »

Anxiety caused me to lose my appetite and lose weight as well. Everyone thinks that women eat when they are stressed but for me it's just the opposite. Some days I was only eating a few bites of food all day. Other times I can feel hungry and then bad stress hits and I won't be hungry any more.

Two years ago my life was a roller coaster, my boyfriend of 12 years left me for another woman. I got promoted at work which was good but it put me on my feet a lot more. Between the two I lost weight and haven't been able to gain since.

This is my problem!!! Everyone is always like oh i don't understand how you don't eat when your upset that's all I wanna do. When I'm upset the last thing on my mind is food I have no appetite what so ever. I've been able to gain some weight the past month but honestly its only because nothing serious has happend. Yesterday an incedent had happened however that hasn't in a long time and I ended up going to bed hungry with still 535 calories I needed to gain. I don't know how to deal with it sometimes!