To Diet or To Eat Well

2»

Replies

• WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    I follow a specific diet. I do a 21 day round of the Omni diet. I have tried other diets and failed. Not saying the diet was wrong but my results few small if any at all and that made my will power weak. The first time I was on the Omni diet I lost weight fast and saw results..BUT it was a HUGE and I mean HUGE eye opener to what it really means to eat right. I believe personally eating right is 80% of the battle to weight loss. When I am not doing a Round of the diet I eat clean and use fitness pal to keep track of my calorie intake. I consume around 1200-1500 (never more) calories a day. Drink lots and lots of water and limit my coffee intake. (which is a struggle because I L-O-V-E coffee hahaha) I could go on forever but I will save you a book haha!

thanks for this post. i am reading about this diet now. PM me if you have any advice, i am going to start tomorrow!

• amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    edited March 2015
    I will probably never go on a diet that has pre-packaged foods, guidelines or lists of what I can and can't eat. I would rather eat right, exercise and live well every day. I had a leftover piece of Costco chocolate sheet cake for lunch. But I also had a generous salad with veggies, 1 TBSP each of meat, cheese and salad dressing. By managing my foods, I'm in control. This afternoon, I'll go out and burn 250-300 calories so there's no guilt or shame in having that piece of cake and I'll still be on target.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    i go with neither LOL

i eat what i want, within my calorie goals.

i do, in general eat what the majority of people would consider 'healthy' - but i eat processed foods, white bread and eat out all the time.

whatever you do has to be what you can sustain to KEEP your weight off. which is why the typical 'diet' is (usually) just a recipe for disaster once the goal weight is reached.