What kind of salad dressing do you use?

Options
13»

Replies

• Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    arobed53 wrote: »
    I like mine with nothing - especially if I have tomato on it.

Ha! I like mine with olive oil, especially if I have tomato on it, and the bliss is mopping off the juices at the bottom of the bowl with chunks of bread.

If no tomatoes - olive oil with balsamic vinegar or lemon, salt and herbs depending on the salad. I loved pumpkin seed oil instead of olive oil but haven't seen it anywhere in Canada :(

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Avocados, or a little oil and vinager depending on the salad.
  • NewBeginningBren
    NewBeginningBren Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I use great value light ranch. The calories are acceptable to me.
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I use lemon juice, olive oil, and a little bit of salt and pepper.

Me too. So good.

• bzitske
    bzitske Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Equal parts maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

2:1 Rice vinegar, oil with a squirt of mustard and a dollop of honey.

Both of these recipes you can make in a mason jar or old spice jar, whatever amount you like. They keep on the counter for a few days.
  • stmcfred
    stmcfred Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Fruit :) I love adding some sliced strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. Then I make sure each bite has a little bit of fruit and a bunch of lettuce. Sometimes I'll add some pecans.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    The Newman's Own dressings are delicious but once you've had homemade you won't go back. A little olive oil, a little fresh-squeezed lemon, a bit of Dijon. How can you go wrong?
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    When I'm really serious about dieting, salsa.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    For little calories i use salsa, Walden Farm dressing, dijon mustard. All these have virtually no calories. Olive oil has 120 caloires per tablespoon. I can use that 120 for something better...
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Renee's Ravin Raspberry vinaigrette is very good. It's only 20 cals per T. We have a local supplier who makes amazing oil free vinaigrettes too. Yummies In a Jar, if you are in Ontario.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I have about a teaspoon of viniagrette (home-made) on my salad today. I think this one is olive oil, lemon juice, celery salt and a few other herbs.

https://www.pinterest.com/janetkarasz/dressings/
  • kaitlinrt
    kaitlinrt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ken's Lite Poppyseed is my go to. I like a lot of othed Ken's dressing but the creamy ones can get calorie heavy. As a bonus I can usually find it on sale.
  • lborsato1
    lborsato1 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    i use the vinegar from homemade pickled jalapeno peppers, then sprinkle a little lemon pepper on the salad.....mmmm mmmmm good
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I "assemble" my salad ... I put a layer of salad in a bowl, spritz with olive oil or other preferred oil (coconut oil is yummy) then I add the second layer of salad, again spritzing with oil. once sufficiently coated, I splash a little bit of vinegar (I play around with different flavors). Next, I drizzle some honey over the top to cut the acidity and then sprinkle with my favorite herbs and spices. Mix and then eat! With this method, I can change things up according to my mood and cravings.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Girard's light champagne viniagrette, turns any plain salad into something special ;)
  • Dax1976
    Dax1976 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use rice vinegar
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    We recently bought some OPA Greek Yogurt dressing. The blue cheese is good. The Feta/Dill tastes a bit chalky. The jalapeno ranch is my new favorite dressing!

We also enjoy Kraft Caesar Vinaigrette and Roasted Red Pepper Italian that was mentioned earlier.