Options

Replies

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    even though we are HELLAH green.....and we rust more than we tan.

Well in that case, hugging oneself can be helpful but how about hugging a tree? If you walk to go find the tree you'll be burning calories. Bonus: try lifting the tree out of the ground. That will REALLY help tip your CICO equation. Be sure to wear a back brace, though.

"Rust more than tan," LOL!

Actually, my husband and I are always talking about moving to Oregon, me being a tree-hugging freak and all. We are considering Ashland.

Not that this has anything to do with the original post, LOL.
    hmmm can I be smart AND huggy? Oh and I can identify with you...I am a displaced Californian in Oregon.

Certainly! Just be sure to read Nietzsche with one hand while hugging the tree with the other.

Hugging a tree????? Oh my....I am terrified of bugs, so that is all I see....my arms just freeways for the critters to get to MEEEEE...... Ok googling Nietzsche.....:-)

Get ready for some heavy shyte.

Trust me, you're going to NEED that tree.

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    shhh Im busy gooogling.... :-)
  • Annr
    Options
    desire for “freedom of the will” in the superlative metaphysical sense…the desire to bear the entire and ultimate responsibility for one's actions oneself, and to absolve God, the world, ancestors, chance, and society involves nothing less than to be precisely this causa sui and…to pull oneself up into existence by the hair, out of the swamps of nothingness.

Ummmmm lol I am losing my balance....and fall to the ground....
    My husband just came in and shook his head.... :-)
  • LAWoman72
    Options
    desire for “freedom of the will” in the superlative metaphysical sense…the desire to bear the entire and ultimate responsibility for one's actions oneself, and to absolve God, the world, ancestors, chance, and society involves nothing less than to be precisely this causa sui and…to pull oneself up into existence by the hair, out of the swamps of nothingness.

Try not to worry. As long as you desire freedom of will while taking in fewer calories than you're expending, life should work out fine.

• Annr
    Options

Try not to worry. As long as you desire freedom of will while taking in fewer calories than you're expending, life should work out fine.

free will and I am in the drivers seat of my own life...yep :-)
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm a New Yorker. All this huggy happy stuff makes me uncomfortable.... ;)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    even though we are HELLAH green.....and we rust more than we tan.

Aren't you actually from California?

*side eye*

You have to rust for many years before you can really call yourself an Oregonian.

I'm from Oregon but live in California, even after 16 years here I've still got my layer of rust!

Well....I grew up in Boring Oregon, and married a sailor. So have returned to the fold so to speak, but lost my love to run in the rain. I miss the sunny days of California...but like the elk in my yard, and the sound of rain.

I see!

OK, I declare you sufficiently rusty. :)
  • Annr
    Options
    MY NEW SAYING...."I am not OLD...I am just a wee bit rusty.... *said with a heavy Scottish accent*
  • LAWoman72
    Options

Would it help if we swore at you when we did it?

• azulvioleta6
    Options
    MY NEW SAYING...."I am not OLD...I am just a wee bit rusty.... *said with a heavy Scottish accent*

Say that and nobody will wonder about pot. They will be sure that you are on the Scotch sauce. :)

• Annr
    Options
    THERE ya go... hahahaha. Actually Scotch isn't really my thing...even though my dream was to sip Scotch quietly with Sean Connery.... Vodka is. Not that I really have it though.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh, I thought this was going to be about pot.

I kid, I kid.

That's Washington...and Colorado. It won't be legal here for a while.

It was passed in OR, it'll be legit in a few months.

Just prior to the vote a bunch of new "medical" dispensaries opened up. They were getting ready for what we all knew was going to happen.

Also, OUT for hugs from strangers. NO TOUCHING :mad:

And, okay, while it's easy to say that losing weight doesn't buy happiness, I can tell you that in my case it has. Things that make me happy: hiking, backpacking, kayacking, jumping into mountain creeks, running in the rain. Things that are problematic when you weigh 300 lbs: hiking, backpacking, kayacking, jumping into mountain creeks, running in the rain.

I'm SO MUCH happier now.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Pssst...just so you know, the word you are looking for is adviCe. It's a noun.

To adviSe is a verb.

Wanna grammar hug?
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Otterluv wrote: »

I kid, I kid.

Just prior to the vote a bunch of new "medical" dispensaries opened up. They were getting ready for what we all knew was going to happen.

And, okay, while it's easy to say that losing weight doesn't buy happiness, I can tell you that in my case it has. Things that make me happy: hiking, backpacking, kayacking, jumping into mountain creeks. Things that are problematic when you weigh 300 lbs: hiking, backpacking, kayacking, jumping into mountain creeks.

I'm SO MUCH happier now.

Yes, but it isn't legal YET and it sounds like implementation is going to be complicated. I hope that it takes a really long time.

I grew up in Eugene, but I HATE the smell of pot.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    *clears throat to yell politely* LOSING WEIGHT ISN'T THE KEY TO HAPPINESS......HAPPINESS IS THE KEY TO LOSING WEIGHT........(((((Sunday hugs))))))) 5 hugs a day now......and hugging someone five times doesn't count... :-) Enjoy the day all!

I would rephrase it to being positive and realistic is the most helpful way to get this done.
    Why wouldn't hugging someone 5 times count toward happiness? If I hug my dh or dd 5 times I'll probably feel better than hugging 5 random people. You really have to hug 5 seperate individuals to feel happy?
  • Annr
    Options
    Sighes....I made a fruedian slip......pouts....lol
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Maybe I'm really a New Yorker at heart. My discomfort with hugging is making all the other southern people in my life uncomfortable.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I don't have anyone to hug me. Not even a pet.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Otterluv wrote: »

I kid, I kid.

And, okay, while it's easy to say that losing weight doesn't buy happiness, I can tell you that in my case it has. Things that make me happy: hiking, backpacking, kayacking, jumping into mountain creeks. Things that are problematic when you weigh 300 lbs: hiking, backpacking, kayacking, jumping into mountain creeks.

I'm SO MUCH happier now.

Yes, but it isn't legal YET and it sounds like implementation is going to be complicated. I hope that it takes a really long time.

I grew up in Eugene, but I HATE the smell of pot.

Meh. TBH, I don't think that I'll smell it much more than I do now. I mean, sometimes I can smell pot in my neighborhood (we live in a fairly wooded, ruralish area with a bunch of retirees), but it's just a whiff. The rules in the Corvallis area are pretty strict about where you can and can't smoke tobacco products, I suspect that those rules will carry over to pot. Campus has no smoking on it at all, and in town you can't smoke on the sidewalks, or in city parks. So, I just never smell it. TBH, I smell pot more often.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, I'm affectionate with people I know. But chatting up or --God forbid--hugging a stranger? No. Just...no.

My daughter is going to school in the South. When we were driving her down there for orientation we stopped at a McDonald's. A lady struck up a big conversation with us in the ladies room. Really? We're never going to see each other again, and you have to know our life stories? In the bathroom? WHY???

I'm not a rude person, btw. I'm all for a polite smile and nod. A hello. And then move along folks. Move along.