Important Advise from an Oregonian!

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Otterluv wrote: »
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    Oh, I thought this was going to be about pot.

I kid, I kid.

That's Washington...and Colorado. It won't be legal here for a while.

It was passed in OR, it'll be legit in a few months.

Just prior to the vote a bunch of new "medical" dispensaries opened up. They were getting ready for what we all knew was going to happen.

Also, OUT for hugs from strangers. NO TOUCHING :mad:

And, okay, while it's easy to say that losing weight doesn't buy happiness, I can tell you that in my case it has. Things that make me happy: hiking, backpacking, kayacking, jumping into mountain creeks, running in the rain. Things that are problematic when you weigh 300 lbs: hiking, backpacking, kayacking, jumping into mountain creeks, running in the rain.

I'm SO MUCH happier now.

legal for us....woop....sighes...all the peeps from Idaho and California will come up and make our police force cranky.... And because I am from Oregon MY thoughts are strangers are friends you haven't met yet...that is just my view mind you. Everyone has their own self safety zones...I won't invade yours. When you think about it...losing weight happened, and you felt happy and you came out of your shell to do all the things you mentioned. That was because you changed your relationship with food, and saw it as fuel instead of a ticket out. Again that is just my interpretation of what you said.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
  • Annr
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, I'm affectionate with people I know. But chatting up or --God forbid--hugging a stranger? No. Just...no.

My daughter is going to school in the South. When we were driving her down there for orientation we stopped at a McDonald's. A lady struck up a big conversation with us in the ladies room. Really? We're never going to see each other again, and you have to know our life stories? In the bathroom? WHY???

I'm not a rude person, btw. I'm all for a polite smile and nod. A hello. And then move along folks. Move along.

bathrooms are in general just "smile zones" and no talking... that was strange of her. :-)
  • Annr
    Options
    ok that pic...I would just fall off the stage....too much muscle and body oil....ewwwww :-)
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    even though we are HELLAH green.....and we rust more than we tan.

Aren't you actually from California?

*side eye*

You have to rust for many years before you can really call yourself an Oregonian.

I'm from Oregon but live in California, even after 16 years here I've still got my layer of rust!

Well....I grew up in Boring Oregon, and married a sailor. So have returned to the fold so to speak, but lost my love to run in the rain. I miss the sunny days of California...but like the elk in my yard, and the sound of rain.

I grew up in Beavercreek, which isn't far from Boring! Nice to meet a former neighbor
  • Annr
    Options
    again everyone has their own person space....
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    even though we are HELLAH green.....and we rust more than we tan.

Aren't you actually from California?

*side eye*

You have to rust for many years before you can really call yourself an Oregonian.

I'm from Oregon but live in California, even after 16 years here I've still got my layer of rust!

I'm a Californian but originally from New Jersey. It's taken me a while to get huggy.

But now I'll hug anything.

Come here...

Sorry, though, I ran out of pot in, hm....1984.

I've never had any pot, but sure I'll hug!!!
  • Nuka_Gina
    Nuka_Gina Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    200_s.gif
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

I kid, I kid.

Just prior to the vote a bunch of new "medical" dispensaries opened up. They were getting ready for what we all knew was going to happen.

And, okay, while it's easy to say that losing weight doesn't buy happiness, I can tell you that in my case it has. Things that make me happy: hiking, backpacking, kayacking, jumping into mountain creeks, running in the rain. Things that are problematic when you weigh 300 lbs: hiking, backpacking, kayacking, jumping into mountain creeks, running in the rain.

I'm SO MUCH happier now.

legal for us....woop....sighes...all the peeps from Idaho and California will come up and make our police force cranky.... And because I am from Oregon MY thoughts are strangers are friends you haven't met yet...that is just my view mind you. Everyone has their own self safety zones...I won't invade yours. When you think about it...losing weight happened, and you felt happy and you came out of your shell to do all the things you mentioned. That was because you changed your relationship with food, and saw it as fuel instead of a ticket out. Again that is just my interpretation of what you said.

NOPE, not really. I have a thyroid issue that was finally diagnosed and could lose weight like a normal person. My relationship with food changed, yes, but I also got off my lazy rear and dug myself out of the pit of a sedentary lifestyle that I was in. I am the same person that I was 100lbs. ago. I was never in a shell, believe me ;):D The reason that I am happier now is because logistically it's possible for me to do the activities that I love so much and had given up on.

I mean, for some people the scenario you lined out is probably what happens, but not for me.

Also, still NO TOUCHING :mad:

Dammit, I just realized that I have people coming over today who I haven't seen in a while. They are all over 60. There will probably be hugging. GAH!
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    ok that pic...I would just fall off the stage....too much muscle and body oil....ewwwww :-)

AGREED!!!
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options

Yep, I'm wondering whether they all slipped out of one another's arms right after the picture and went crashing to the floor.

• LuckyStar813
    LuckyStar813 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hugs from Eugene!

hippy35.gif
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I kid, I kid.

Not that long. Measure 91 takes effect in July of this year. It's only 4 month away.

You know... not that I'm counting or anything....

Oh, and I"m a former New Jersey-ite and PHEW after one trip back there I'll pass. People there are too angry... and mean. Give me happy huggy marijuana loving and tree hugging OREGON!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Pssst...just so you know, the word you are looking for is adviCe. It's a noun.

To adviSe is a verb.

Wanna grammar hug?

Word-choice errors are the bane of my existence. I am currently arguing with someone on Facebook about hola/ola/olla in Spanish.

*hold me*
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »

I kid, I kid.

Not that long. Measure 91 takes effect in July of this year. It's only 4 month away.

Oh, and I"m a former New Jersey-ite and PHEW after one trip back there I'll pass. People there are too angry... and mean. Give me happy huggy marijuana loving and tree hugging OREGON!

OPB recently did a Think Out Loud program on the issue, and they gave the impression that the implementation is going to be a big, slow mess.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

I kid, I kid.

And, okay, while it's easy to say that losing weight doesn't buy happiness, I can tell you that in my case it has. Things that make me happy: hiking, backpacking, kayacking, jumping into mountain creeks. Things that are problematic when you weigh 300 lbs: hiking, backpacking, kayacking, jumping into mountain creeks.

I'm SO MUCH happier now.

Yes, but it isn't legal YET and it sounds like implementation is going to be complicated. I hope that it takes a really long time.

I grew up in Eugene, but I HATE the smell of pot.

Meh. TBH, I don't think that I'll smell it much more than I do now. I mean, sometimes I can smell pot in my neighborhood (we live in a fairly wooded, ruralish area with a bunch of retirees), but it's just a whiff. The rules in the Corvallis area are pretty strict about where you can and can't smoke tobacco products, I suspect that those rules will carry over to pot. Campus has no smoking on it at all, and in town you can't smoke on the sidewalks, or in city parks. So, I just never smell it. TBH, I smell pot more often.

Corvallis does do a really good job of enforcing the no-smoking zones. I lived there for several years and was impressed with all of the signage.

I live in apartments which have just completely banned all smoking on the property. This is great...but I can still smell smoke in the building where I live. The smell of marijuana makes me sick and I am not looking forward to having to put up with neighbors doing that in close quarters.

I will hug anybody who does not smell of (any kind of) smoke. :)
  • starjulia
    starjulia Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello to my fellow Oregonians! I was born and raised there and i miss it. I live in northern California now but i still love my alma mater...go ducks!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

I kid, I kid.

Washingtonians, Oregonians... You all look the same.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »

I kid, I kid.

Here in Jersey we have a saying , if you haven't been charged with assault at least once then your really not from jersey !!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm a New Yorker. All this huggy happy stuff makes me uncomfortable.... ;)

Ditto.