I have so little motivation lately, What motivates you to start your workout?

Options
13»

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Honestly, there are days I don't want to workout. I MAKE myself go, and I go through the motions to get the work done at some level. many times I feel better having done it, so I know that just getting there and starting will get me motivated to complete. Then again, some days, even after I force myself to go and I do the workout, I still feel blah about it, but it's done.
  • Jennym93
    Jennym93 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I've found my motivation has increased since starting this thread and one great way of making sure I get at least 30 minutes is to forget to top up my bus card and have to walk to college ;) which I've found is perfect for me so I might start doing that more frequently and using the treadmill on weekends/holidays from college
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Some days I'm motivated by all the ways I've improved my fitness since starting out. It's cool to do a workout that I used to fail at or at least struggle with, and be able to handle it now. Some days I'm not motivated at all but I still get up and work out because...well I guess because the alarm went off and that's what I do when the alarm goes off...
  • starseedxo
    starseedxo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Strava.
  • Katetw
    Katetw Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I also hate going to the gym/working out. This is what I do to force myself to go:

--no dinner until after the gym. So if it's getting to be 6:30 and I'm starving (and I'm always hungry bc of the restricted cals) well I better get off my @$$ and go work out so I can eat!

--no showering until after the gym. So if I'm feeling grungy then I better get my butt there so I can shower after.

--I watch TV on my iPhone when on the elliptical. I have certain shows (some of my favorites) I only allow myself to watch while working out. So if I wanna see that tv show....better get moving.

Those are my motivations. Hope that helps!