Have to lose over 100 pounds...

Options
13»

Replies

• jgrant1046
    Options
    I have at least 100 or better to loose. Please feel free to add me so we can do it together!
  • annied1961
    Options
    Hi there: I will support you, motivate you,
    and just listen.
    But I won't *kitten* you
    Add me as a friend if you wish.
    Become the person you really wish to be, and
    Show yourself how strong you really are!!!
  • carlavan747
    Options
    I have 90 to loose and would like to join this group
  • lmsr1
    lmsr1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you all. 100 here we go........
  • leslieblue1
    leslieblue1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP. I have about 148 to lose and I am just starting. I am trying to not do anything radical because I don't want to try to do something that I can not keep up with. So far, I have been replacing some snacks with healthier options, walking a few times a week and journaling my food on here. (It is helping just to see how much junk I put in my body) Anyway, I am not expecting big results soon, but I am not after fast, I am after life changing. I would love to join a group for support.
  • JRae013
    JRae013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just signed back up, and have over 100 lbs to lose. I'm a first time mom of an almost 2 week old. Would love to have some support and motivation!
  • TinaMarie6400
    TinaMarie6400 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Please friend me as a 100+ loser for mutual support. I log in every day and give lots of feedback to MFP friends. I'm trying to lose 10 pounds a month.
  • smh21183
    smh21183 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I started just Sunday for real after having MFP on my phone for a year. I am hoping to lose 106 pounds in a year! I could use some support and would be happy to provide some motivation!
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    This may be a strange question, but was anyone else surprised by how many calories per day were suggested by MFP? I mean, I've been told before by medical professionals that I might not be eating enough, that I might have shut down my metabolism. That's a terrifying thought. But after eating fruits and vegetables, lean meat, whole grains, even some cheese and hot cocoa - there are still so many calories left, it is a real challenge to consume enough calories without resorting to junk food.
  • XxNataleighXx
    XxNataleighXx Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to loose 60+lbs feel fre to add me! Let's all motivate and support eachother :) good luck everyone xx
  • plutonianfrog
    Options
    Joining that club, need to lose 100ish to be healthy weight, going to start out with 5-7 pounds so I can be my high school weight of 220. I don't like to look too far ahead since that scares me, but though I know it's the later goal.
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    SuperSizeMeNot Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have exactly 100 pounds to lose...
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You can do eeeiiit!

Lost 135 lbs so far. ~55 more to go. If anyone wants to add me, feel free. I'm always open :)
  • antsars1212
    antsars1212 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'd love to be a part of this. Also question for the ladies. For those of you that are exercising as well can you recommend a good pair of workout pants that hold a very large lower abdomen in. I feel really self conscious as it bounces with me on the elliptical
  • lovelyjanette
    lovelyjanette Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This may be a strange question, but was anyone else surprised by how many calories per day were suggested by MFP? I mean, I've been told before by medical professionals that I might not be eating enough, that I might have shut down my metabolism. That's a terrifying thought. But after eating fruits and vegetables, lean meat, whole grains, even some cheese and hot cocoa - there are still so many calories left, it is a real challenge to consume enough calories without resorting to junk food.

I agree. I keep coming about 700-800 calories short. I need to work at getting in more protein and less carbs.
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    lo

I agree. I keep coming about 700-800 calories short. I need to work at getting in more protein and less carbs.

Emotionally, it is difficult for me because it feels like cause and effect have come untethered. I mean, all that restriction was supposed to earn me my turn to be thin, but it didn't. So that diet didn't work? Oh I must be eating too much, better cut back some more. What, that didn't work either? Cut back some more then. Over and over. And now I'm being told to eat more. Which is so opposite.
  • Progress4me4ever
    Progress4me4ever Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am looking to loose 80 pounds, taking it s day at a time, it has been very hard lately, hoping to get motivation and support. I am committed to this.