0.8 x 145 = 116 grams of protein/day
  • heather0709
    heather0709 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I only had 42 grams :(
  • heather0709
    Options
    I'm just worried if I do a lot of lifting I'll gain, everyone I know tells me I will lose more weight
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm just worried if I do a lot of lifting I'll gain, everyone I know tells me I will lose more weight

Maybe a couple of pounds of water weight in the beginning (I think mine lasted about a month) but you won't gain fat if you're eating at maintenance or a deficit. And you really won't gain much muscle either-- like I said before the goal of lifting is to preserve your existing muscle so that you lose mostly fat instead of losing some of each.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/977538/halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I carry my weight in my hips and thighs. I started lifting about a month and a half ago - squats, deadlifts, step ups, lunges, etc. I have lost 8 cm in my hips and 1 cm around each of my thighs. The best part though is that my thighs LOOK different. They aren't as flabby, they look solid. Since I carry my weight there I know I can get them slimmer but they'll always be bigger than some people's thighs and I'm okay with that as long as they aren't giant fat lumps.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    You wont gain if you dont eat more than you burn.. You might retain some water from lifting but that will go away after a while
  • heather0709
    Options
    Thanks I have so much to learn
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Also I've lost cms from every where and lost 4 pounds total (I have 29 left to lose). Totally not getting bigger, at all!
  • scookbey
    scookbey Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Jog/run more and/or jog/walk on an incline on the treadmill. When I was in college, my friend and I used to jog up and down the hills; not only did this really build my stamina but my thighs were so toned...I'm trying to get those thighs back!
  • heather0709
    Options
    Awesome! I also always had big thighs here my success story post from almost 4 years ago, ugh it's making me sad, but it's worth it, reason I gain this weight is because I had another baby :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/265025/before-and-after-43-pounds-lost-3-more-to-go
  • heather0709
    Options
    Oh ok good! I stick to my calorie limit and don't eat after 7pm so I should be good!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy, eating lots of protein and doing very little cardio got me down to a size 2 the last time I lost weight. Now I'm just rinsing and repeating due to relapse and laziness.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I also always had big thighs here my success story post from almost 4 years ago, ugh it's making me sad, but it's worth it, reason I gain this weight is because I had another baby :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/265025/before-and-after-43-pounds-lost-3-more-to-go

I think your thighs look thin, even at your heaviest weight.

Congrats on the baby. I want one.
  • heather0709
    Options
    Wow size 2! I never been less than a 5 in jeans my wedding dress after I lost my weight was a 2 I think
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a way.... *sighs*

How I'm going to tackle it is...

Cut to 130 by summer
    Eat at a slight deficit and lift through the summer

Re-analyze.
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    strength training. eat plenty of protein for recovery. calorie deficit is all you can do really to lean out..
  • heather0709
    Options
    Thanks! I HAVE to lose 25 more pounds by summer best luck to you all
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I only had 42 grams :(

You need way more than that! Even 80 would probably be much better for you.