How important is breakfast really??

Options
124»

Replies

• lkrause74
    lkrause74 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you end up getting to lunch and nomming everything in sight, then eating breakfast would be a good idea. A lot of people mistakenly skip breakfast because they're trying to lose weight, and then end up munching chips and cookies all morning because they are hungry.

If you are one of the people who feels fine and more full without it, and you are meeting your calorie goals, no problem! You don't have to eat it.

Exactly! I try my best to eat a bowl of cereal (honey nut cheerios for me) with some of my lactose free milk, or a pkg of my favorite Belvita chocolate breakfast bars & yogurt in the morning. Since I sit at a desk all day it keeps me from sitting there nomming on snacks all morning and end up eating 400 calories before Ive even gotten to lunch!. This morning I had the belvita bars and a glass of carnation instant breakfast with my lowfat milk. Yum! Breakfast is VERY important!
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    If you end up getting to lunch and nomming everything in sight, then eating breakfast would be a good idea. A lot of people mistakenly skip breakfast because they're trying to lose weight, and then end up munching chips and cookies all morning because they are hungry.

If you are one of the people who feels fine and more full without it, and you are meeting your calorie goals, no problem! You don't have to eat it.

Exactly! I try my best to eat a bowl of cereal (honey nut cheerios for me) with some of my lactose free milk, or a pkg of my favorite Belvita chocolate breakfast bars & yogurt in the morning. Since I sit at a desk all day it keeps me from sitting there nomming on snacks all morning and end up eating 400 calories before Ive even gotten to lunch!. This morning I had the belvita bars and a glass of carnation instant breakfast with my lowfat milk. Yum! Breakfast is VERY important!

Please don't take this the wrong way as I am not trying to pick on you personally, but IMO that logic is the downfall of many diets - "I eat X so I won't eat Y". If you don't want to eat Y, then just don't eat Y. Justify X on its own merits if you need it. Substitution does work for a lot of people and it may work for you. It has been bad for me in the past if I tie things I can't have to things I can; because wanting Y twice should not justify having X twice but sometimes I let it...
  • 19Lindsay76
    19Lindsay76 Posts: 135
    Options
    I am glad to hear this too because I really have to force myself to eat breakfast, making it an unenjoyable meal. I must have a large mug of tea though!

I hear ya lol except for me it's my coffee that is a must have in the morning :)

I am not a breakfast person either but began adding protein whey to my coffee instead of creamer.

***LIGHT BULB*** MUST DO NEVER TRIED!!!

Ditto! Maybe i will give that a try :)
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I do 8:16 IF and break my fast at 11am wih my largest meal of the day. This schedule works great for me, you just need to experiment and see what works for you :)
  • Lila90
    Lila90 Posts: 27
    Options
    I really don't eat breakfast as much because i'm honestly just NOT a morning person. Simple as that haha.

If i'm up before 10 am, i barely have an appetite.

The only time i ever really eat breakfast is when i know that i'll be home all day or if i'm truly craving it :indifferent:
  • AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I was one of those people who absolutely had to have breakfast or I thought I was going to die by 9am. But having breakfast only seemed to get me to 10am. I tried the 16:8 fasting idea, and I have to say I love it. Once I got used to not eating first thing in the morning my hunger adjusted. I find I eat less during the day, think about food less, and am less hungry overall. It could be for reasons that a real, scientific, and will one day be confirmed in a double blind peer review study. Or it could be junk broscience that just happens to work for me. I don't care either way. Eating less often has helped me, and I plan to stick with it.

Technically, we all eat breakfast, though, just at different times. The real question is eating first thing in the morning necessary, and the answer is clearly no. Nor is it harmful.