Replies

• kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Yummy! On the egg sandwich.
  • gogoboobzilla
    gogoboobzilla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    McMuffin's for sure. yum! For a healthier version, use Laughing Cow cheese, egg white, and lean lunch meat.
  • sky15425
    sky15425 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My SIL told me about this, it's good.
    English muffin toasted add laughing cow cheese(split one wedge between both muffins) then some cut up veggies
    Carrots (shredded or veggie peeler slices) tomato and green pepper (small diced), onion if you like then little shredded cheddar.
    Yummy!!
  • Jewelsfla
    Jewelsfla Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I bought a log of "Blueberry & Vanilla Goat Cheese" from Sam's Club. 1oz is 80 calories. I toast half an english muffin (60 cals for half) and use half an oz of the goat cheese (40 cal) and microwave to further melt the cheese. It's a sweet treat for 100 cal. I usuall make the whole muffin and cut a whole ounce of cheese and give my husband the other half.

I also like using 1 TBSP Jiff whipped peanut butter on half an english muffin. The whipped peanut butter has a stronger peanut butter taste (in my opinion) but is lighter and doesn't feel so heavy. Also has slightly lower calories than regular creamy.
  • BBEAU88
    BBEAU88 Posts: 35
    Options
    For lunch, I like to top a toasted english muffin with a bit of cream cheese and a slice of smoked salmon, (I add capers to the cream cheese). I either microwave or warm in the oven until the cheese and salmon warm through.

This. This was my breakfast this morning (but minus the capers...I should try that) and it was SO DELICIOUS.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Eggs Benedict burger

20130219_183432.jpg

Oh damn. Heaven on a plate!
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Split, toast, top with smoked salmon and a poached egg on each half. 35g+ protein plus some carbs right there - it's one of my favourite weekend brunch ideas.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    grill up a Portobello with garlic and some herbs and whack it in the muffin...job's a good 'un.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Toast 3 split muffins, spread on a tablespoon of cajun crab dip. (I get my cajun crab dip at Harris Teeter, but many grocery stores have it in their seafood department. )
    Next add very thin sliced tomato and onion and maybe some spinach if you like. Top that with a half ounce of cheddar or other cheese. Finally sprinkle with some bacon bits. Toast the muffins in the oven until the cheese melts.
    Have one of the muffins now and bag the other two for lunches later.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    When I ran the calories for Eggs Benedict made at home from scratch, I was really pleasantly surprised by how it was not a budget blaster. (Though if you're counting fat grams specifically, that could be another matter). A slice of canadian bacon, some steamed spinach, a slice of tomato, a poached egg, and a drizzle of hollandaise -- even if you do double that for the whole muffin, it's still a reasonable dinner portion, caloriewise.

And absolutely delicious.
  • oliviabog
    oliviabog Posts: 101
    Options
    Eggs Benedict burger

20130219_183432.jpg

OMG, i just had lunch but I'd eat the hell out of that!
  • Kattamer81
    Kattamer81 Posts: 90
    Options
    Mini pizzas?
  • beachquilt
    beachquilt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do this alot for lunch: put a tad of butter/margarine on muffin, top with a slice of any cheese, sprinkle with garlic salt, and then broil. YUM!!!
  • wmstormvet
    wmstormvet Posts: 145
    Options
    Sometiems for dinner, we like to make mini pizzas with them. Some turkey pepperoni and some 2% cheese for toppings and Pizza Quick sauce. (You can use whatever toppings you like.) mmmmm Yummy! Very easy too... Split them open, add sauce then toppings and then bake on a cookie sheet for about 10 minutes (or when cheese is all melted). No need to toast it ahead of time.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    You need ideas for how to eat bread?
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Mini pizzas!!!
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I need some new ideas for what to do with my English Muffins. I mostly use them for breakfast, but have also used them to substitute for bread in sandwiches, as it helps me portion control. I've made a PB, honey and Banana sandwich, french toast, BLT, and an egg breakfast sandwich.

I'm curious as to how English Muffins are a substitute for bread.
  • r69hammer
    r69hammer Posts: 7
    Options
    Ok Ok you guys have to stop this. to heck with MFP i'm hungry!!!! I want it all :)
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Eggs Benedict burger

20130219_183432.jpg

OMG, i just had lunch but I'd eat the hell out of that!

OMG this looks amazing...yum
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Eggs Benedict, Eggs Florentine or my personal favourite:

Eggs Royale.