Juicing I need help!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Blendtec is a blender not a juicer, so you need smoothie recipes.

Correct, the OP is using the wrong terminology and created confusion.

A blender chops and blends all the ingredients but leaves them all. The end product is typically referred to as a smoothie.

A juicer removes all the bulk leaving liquid containing only nutrients and calories.
  • ruthlcharles
    Options
    I use a Nutribullet - I don't eat enough veggies so I blitz everything in the Nutribullet and unlike a juicer you are getting all the goodness as it blitzs everything. You also get a recipe booklet which tells you which fruits/veggies are the best to juice etc.
  • AHealthyMe1lbAtATime
    AHealthyMe1lbAtATime Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If you're using an actual juicer like The Champion or of that sort, this is what I do...
    2 whole carrots, 1 stalk of celery, 1 quarter sized chunk peeled ginger, 1 granny smith apple, and a handful of spinach. I sometimes add pineapple or an orange to that mix. Or grapes from time to time.
  • AHealthyMe1lbAtATime
    AHealthyMe1lbAtATime Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If you're using an actual juicer like The Champion or of that sort, this is what I do...
    2 whole carrots, 1 stalk of celery, 1 quarter sized chunk peeled ginger, 1 granny smith apple, and a handful of spinach. I sometimes add pineapple or an orange to that mix. Or grapes from time to time.

Oops just saw now that you are looking for smoothie recipes... ;)

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    As folks above said, adding bananas and yogurt will make the smoothie more filling. Protein powder probably would, too.
    A juicer removes all the bulk leaving liquid containing only nutrients and calories.
    I would amend this to say
    A juicer removes all the bulk fiber leaving liquid containing only nutrients and calories fruit and vegetable sugars that are more likely to cause insulin spikes without the accompanying fiber.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    ^^^ what Heidi said.
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Mine have some gala apple, carrots, bananas and frozen spinach, plus egg whites from a carton and water to thin it out. I don't use a whole lot of each except the egg whites (you can see the weights in my diary for today at lunch). I suggest using frozen chopped spinach from a bag vs fresh, only because I've gotten mild food poisoning too many times when I used to use bag spinach (too often to be a coincidence, and never since I switched to frozen). I measure out five baggies per week wi the fruits and veggies, freeze them, and and slightly thaw each one daily to add the egg whites and water before blending. Oh, and I use a NutriBullet, so it keeps all the fiber. For even more fiber, I sometimes add ground flax seed, or if I need more calories, I will replace the water with milk.