Jeeeeeese give yourselves a break!

Options
Well done to everyone losing weight and trying so hard etc.

but you are all going to hate me for saying this............

I'm sick of seeing people whinging about family occasions, BBQs, parties etc and oooooooh what can they avoid eating during that time and what else shall they bring/maybe even turn down the invite?
Tip- go to the gym before and then the day after! Live a little for gods sake!

I had a BBQ last Friday, loads of yummy food i prepp'd that I cooked and paid for and 2 of the 4 people that were there......didn't eat anything because they were fussing over putting weight on ( they are the perfect weight and im heavier than them) its so rude, i wish they hadn't bothered coming!
I spend six days of the week being careful and working out so i deserve a treat!

I've been away from mfp for a week due to being ill and being generally too busy, and i actually feel better and less guilty for it!

Hardly anyone that's on here can seem to ever enjoy themselves properly!

I'm all up for healthy alternatives but think about the Host on the other side, and life's to short!

Replies

• Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options

Hardly anyone that's on here can seem to ever enjoy themselves properly!

Not me. On Easter Sunday, which also happened to be my birthday, I ate a light breakfast, very light breakfast, then pigged out during my birthday meal in the restaurant later that evening. I did not go over my calories :drinker:
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    hehe i love bbq and family get togethers they know i cant eat many carbs due to insulin resistance so they dont offer the carb loaded stuff to me and the rest i just enjoy and have a great time
  • BossBich
    BossBich Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!
  • jenniferm930
    jenniferm930 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is the best and smartest thing I have ever seen on here!!!! Thank you!!! It makes sense, people are not perfect and why kill yourself if you aren't.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I enjoy myself :) I am good all the time, I workout regularly, if I see something i want or it's a special occasion I eat all the food :)
  • langurmonkey
    Options
    The problem is that there is *always* a special occasion, and your friends were probably very worried about "backsliding". I know I am after all the effort that I put in. If you "lived a little" every time someone else wanted you to it would put you right back where you started.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I had a bbq and a number of beers with my boyfriend last weekend, pretty much ate what I wanted (though lees carbs more meat!) and still lost 2lbs this week by being careful the rest of the week!
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I agree!
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I had a BBQ last Friday and 2 of the 4 people there didn't eat anything. It's so rude, I wish they hadn't bothered!
    You only enjoy your friends if they are eating? Sounds like you need different friends...or you need to be a better one.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Oh I agree 100%! I never pass up an opportunity for a cookout, get together or whatever. It's not those rare events that foil us anyway guys...it's the everyday habits. So get out there and enjoy yourself every now and then and don't stress about it ;)
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Pardyqueenxoxo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The problem is that there is *always* a special occasion, and your friends were probably very worried about "backsliding". I know I am after all the effort that I put in. If you "lived a little" every time someone else wanted you to it would put you right back where you started.

yes but my point was why bother coming??? It was a waste and there are starving people around the world!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Yeah sister!!!! Why would anyone make special times less so by worrying about food?

Today is my son's birthday. I will have cake. Tomorrow is his party with his little buddies and I'll have more cake. Sunday is our family dinner and I've already been told that the "M's cake is taken care of". I may be caked out by then, but if I'm not I'll have some more.

And I will enjoy every bite, because what's the point of trying to look good if you can't feel good about it?
  • rmsturdy
    rmsturdy Posts: 73
    Options
    AAAAA-Freaking-Men.

Everything in moderation! HAVE tasty treats! I get to each something naughty every day as long as it's a small portion. (2 double stuf oreos/milk or a mini ice cream sammich usually) I find that actually keeps me from binging and I don't crave sweets as much as I used to.
  • wmstormvet
    wmstormvet Posts: 145
    Options
    I agree!! This is taken way too seriously sometimes. Moderation is the key!
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Pardyqueenxoxo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I had a BBQ last Friday and 2 of the 4 people there didn't eat anything. It's so rude, I wish they hadn't bothered!
    You only enjoy your friends if they are eating? Sounds like you need different friends...or you need to be a better one.

No i hosted a bbq, and invited them, turning up drinking my beer and leaving and moaning they were on a diet....

so why take up on the invite?

So having a bbq makes me a bad person? *ahem*
  • pinkly14fun2
    Options
    Totally agree! If I limit myself and not splurge on things that I love once in awhile, I am just asking for trouble! Live a little.
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    We watch what we eat pretty closely, but when we went on vacation a couple of weeks ago my daughter and her girlfriend had an itinerary planned for us that pretty much centered around great places to eat in Kansas City. We pretty much ate our weight in food (and I mean thousands of calories every day). We were expecting to gain, and were just hoping it would be no more than ten pounds or so, including water weight from higher salt contents. I weighed 4.5 lbs more when we got home, and hubby weighted almost 9 lbs. more. It only took us a week to take it back off, plus a little more. We planned for it, we expected it, and we took it in stride. It was so much more fun than ruining the girls' plans and depriving ourselves on vacation.

Special occasions are bound to come along. We should be glad we have family and friends to share them with.
  • Haltermania
    Haltermania Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Life is to short not to enjoy good food and beer. as long as i stick to my diet and work out i have no problem having a day and drinking boat loads of beer and eating horrible food, i do limit myself but some days your like screw it. i agree with you, preach it
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    They're having trouble with moderation - it's amazing how they're trying so hard to lose weight, but they're actually sabotaging themselves by not realizing that these changes need to be long-term. Are they going to not every at every special occasion ever? Eventually, it's gonna bite them in the butt because "cracking and eating tons" on one occasion is way worse for long-term success than "having a little bit extra but not overdoing it"
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    You're right. It's rude.

A gracious host should expect gracious guests. Why turn up to a BBQ (the clue to what you will be doing is in the name...) and then decline the hospitality whilst shuffling around looking miserable.