Unknown factors in your diet.

Options
drgeorik
drgeorik Posts: 8
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone .
Although my low calories diet I kept gaining weight , I was pretty sure something is going wrong.
I knew that it is not about food or exercises only but must be hidden facts... After researching couple articles I found out must know informations that I would like to share with you people.
Factors that don't help loose weight are:
1- eating more than 400 cal at dinner or before sleep is converted into body fat( due to lack secretion of insulin at that time.
2- eating carb at nights .
3- life stress might be bad during diet cz it helps our body to gain weight due to certain Hormone secretion like Cortisol.
4- less sleeping , if you sleep you don't eat, your body secrete hormones that burns your body sugar etc.
5- Sex by itself doesn't play a big role in loosing calories .
6- if you are taking certain kind of medications
What do you thing about that ?!
I will add other factors later .

Replies

• alexistexas33
    alexistexas33 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's muscle
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    No. The only thing on your list that is true is # 5.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    drgeorik wrote: »
    On the edge of my seat. I hope this Op comes back!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    1 is a myth, and I'm guessing whatever 2 was meant to be is as well. I always eat just before bed and lost weight just fine. Calories in, calories out, that's all that matters. If you're not losing weight you're not eating in a deficit.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Gets out Bingo card
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Strong Second post I must find the first one ;)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I eat more than 400 calories for dinner all the time. Sometimes I eat 800. It makes no difference, as long as I maintain a deficit. Sometimes that dinner is 50% carbs too.

And I had no idea sex was supposed to be keeping me fit. I was doing it because it feels awesome and my husband and I are huge fans of it.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Sleep does aid weight loss, stress can hamper it.

1 and 2 is a no from me.

5 depends on intensity and duration, its still movement.

Still think your stall is more to do with eating more than you think and burning less.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i know for sure one factor which is hindering my progress is the medication i take. it has packed the pounds on my body, and i never expected that. i don't really buy into any of the ones you listed, sorry.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    giphy.gif

Also if you are gaining on a deficit, you are not in a deficit. Meaning eating more than you realize, i.e. poor logging.

1) LOL. Nope. I can easily eat 800+ calories not long before bed. Did not make me fat or make me not lose weight over the long haul.

2) Nope. I eat at least half of my carb needs in the evening.

3) Nope. Unless you are over-eating while stressed, because calories win.

4) Nope. Plenty here have insomnia, still lose. CICO. I actually wasn't losing the last week or two while sleeping MORE and eating the same as I was previously.

5) Uh, okay?

6) Unlikely, as it would most likely be a result of the medication increasing your appetite or making you retain water, not that the medication itself makes you gain fat. This may not apply to metabolic conditions.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    wIxN7.gif
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10012907/logging-accuracy-consistency-and-youre-probably-eating-more-than-you-think#latest

The micro reasons are irrelevant if you don't have the macro figured out. In this case, how you are managing to eat more than you burn. You might need to use a scale for a while to get a sense of portions.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    tumblr_moysfp4aBE1rhhxyso1_500.gif
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    You must be new here
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options

And I had no idea sex was supposed to be keeping me fit. I was doing it because it feels awesome and my husband and I are huge fans of it.

Hahahahaha! Yes!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    drgeorik wrote: »
    Hi everyone .
    Although my low calories diet I kept gaining weight , I was pretty sure something is going wrong.
    I knew that it is not about food or exercises only but must be hidden facts... After researching couple articles I found out must know informations that I would like to share with you people.
    Factors that don't help loose weight are:
    1- eating more than 400 cal at dinner or before sleep is converted into body fat( due to lack secretion of insulin at that time.
    2- eating carb at nights .
    3- life stress might be bad during diet cz it helps our body to gain weight due to certain Hormone secretion like Cortisol.
    4- less sleeping , if you sleep you don't eat, your body secrete hormones that burns your body sugar etc.
    5- Sex by itself doesn't play a big role in loosing calories .
    6- if you are taking certain kind of medications
    What do you thing about that ?!

1. Bollocks
    2. Rubbish
    3. life stress can affect weight loss
    4. Sleep affects weight loss
    5. I do not count sex as exercise :)
    6. of course some medications affect weight loss

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'm particularly fond of the "I will add other factors later"

854756.gif
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    lol I eat probably over half my calorie allowance at dinner, and go to sleep almost immediately. Probably not amazing for my digestive system, but its not effecting my weight loss.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Pro tip: Don't rely on Livestrong, Dr Oz, random google searches, blogs, buzzfeed or your cat for dieting advice.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I lost most/all my weight eating large meals at dinnertime.