Quest Bars : What's the Hype?

Options
Can someone please get me up to speed on what Quest Bars are and what are their benefits? Also where I can locate some?

Replies

• nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    they taste great, are convenient, and very filling. try the cookies and cream or the coconut cashew.
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I haven't had them yet so I can't say they taste great yet - I was going to buy some the last time I was at meijer but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on a "snack" the hype is that they are a much more natural protien bar - I'm an ingredient snob and so I don't typically eat protien bars because they are loaded with bad stuff.
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I haven't had them yet so I can't say they taste great yet - I was going to buy some the last time I was at meijer but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on a "snack." I think I'll check somewhere else for a better price. :) the hype is that they are a much more natural protien bar - I'm an ingredient snob and so I don't typically eat protien bars because they are loaded with bad stuff.
  • widmer3
    widmer3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    www.questnutrition.com or Vitamin Shoppe. GNC is grossly overpriced. They're delicious. They have fewer than 5 net grams of carbs (a bit of controversy over this, but unless you're in ketosis, it shouldn't be a big deal), no added sugar, lots of protein. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is my favorite.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars are protein bars. They don't have a lot of the weird ingredients that other protein bars contain. They (for the most part) taste pretty good. They are nice because they are 160-200 calories, but they deliver about 20 grams of protein.

Some of the flavors I recommend (personal preference):
    Smores
    Double Chocolate Chunk
    Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
    Vanilla Almond Crunch
    Chocolate Brownie
    Banana Nut Muffin
    **All of these are good just out of the package, but they are really good if you microwave them for a few seconds or put them under the broiler for about 5 mins. It makes them warm and gooey and taste even better.**
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    microwave the chocolate chip cookie dough and enjoy a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    They are good. Nice protein for not too many calories. The only one I haven't liked was double chocolate chunk - big stevia aftertaste. :s I haven't tasted that at all with smores, cookie dough, the raspberry one....those are all delicious.

They work for me when I'm hungry but not near healthier choices or like today when I needed to eat because I'm about to be out for hours but I'm still not hungry after a big breakfast.
  • tiffanycherie
    tiffanycherie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    They are high in fiber and protein and taste good. My favorite was chocolate chip cookie dough but I recently tried smores. New favorite. I believe I pay $24.00 box of 12 at gnc with the membership card.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    They just taste good and have protein. I don't think there's any other "benefits." Certainly not price. ETA: cheapest i saw em for was $27 for 12, unless you have a membership at GNC.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered them and love the stuff. I am happy to pay $3 per bar here in Canada, because I eat half whenever I crave something sweet and don’t have to feel guilty: depending on the flavour, half a bar is 90 calories / 10 protein / 8 fibre. Very nutrient dense!
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Most people I know love them, though I do know some who prefer the other stuff. To me most Protein bars are tough, with a graining taste, that they are trying to mask, and feel like you are chewing leather. Quest, while not perfect taste more like a candy bar. 20Grams of protein at 200 calories is pretty good. And if you want to soften them more toss them in the Microwave for 20 seconds.

I recommend trying a couple of different flavors, though buying them by the box at $25 at Amazon, GNC, VitaShoppe, or any other website is the cheapest way to go. (The price is pretty regulated so boxes are pretty much the same everywhere.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    180-190 calories for 20g of protein that actually tastes really good (Smores, Oreo, and Cookie Dough preference here). I am really active and have to hit a high protein amount...these make it easy to do while keeping my deficit. They average like $2 a bar though....they are fairly processed items with a long ingredient list (if you care about that at all) so not "healthy" in that sense....but for me it is a give and take on processed vs hitting macros and staying under calories. Sigh.
  • aryseespieces
    aryseespieces Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've gotten a lot of valuable information! I of course would like to hear opinions among my peers before making a investment at $2 a bar- I eat mostly paleo on80/20 basis so looking to up my protein on the 20% lag I give myself. I do care about ingredients but if it's gonna have less calories and ingredients than my protein shake I've been making post workout- then I'll do it!
  • alastria
    alastria Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am not sure about the nutritional content for Quest Bars (and a lot of people seem to have given you some information), but you know which bar I really like for taste?
    It's a bar called "Solo".

No protein bar will be cheap unfortunately =)
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I second the microwaving for 10-15 seconds. My favorites are the cookie dough, double chocolate chunk, and cookies and cream (haven't nuked this one). GNC has them buy 3 get 1 free right now, so you can get a variety. That's what I did when I first tired them.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'm hooked on the Quest Chips. Didn't like them at first and the texture took a minute to get used to but I can't stop eating them now.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It's a protein bar...I've personally never understood all of the hoopla myself. They're ok...but the way people go on about them you'd think they were the greatest thing on the planet.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was eating them for a while, but I never fell in love with them like some people did. Some of the flavors were good. I liked the cookie dough and cookies and cream. The chocolate peanut butter was horrible in my opinion. I stopped eating them for two reasons. They're expensive, and I didn't really find them that filling. One of the reasons I started eating them was for a quick snack on the go that would fill me up and add a lot of protein since that's a macro I struggle hitting, but they always left me feeling hungry for whatever reason. They are worth a try though, but just not for me.
  • aryseespieces
    Options
    I'm hooked on the Quest Chips. Didn't like them at first and the texture took a minute to get used to but I can't stop eating them now.

I saw they had chips!!! I definitely would not eat the serving size on those! :(
  • aryseespieces
    Options
    I second the microwaving for 10-15 seconds. My favorites are the cookie dough, double chocolate chunk, and cookies and cream (haven't nuked this one). GNC has them buy 3 get 1 free right now, so you can get a variety. That's what I did when I first tired them.

Did you need the GNC membership to get the buy 3 get 1 free deal?