Quest Bars : What's the Hype?

Options

Replies

• soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    If you email them on their website, they will send you 2 free bars (whatever kind you'd like) for free so you can sample them. Great company!
  • aryseespieces
    aryseespieces Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you email them on their website, they will send you 2 free bars (whatever kind you'd like) for free so you can sample them. Great company!

Amazing!!! I'm doing that right now!!!
  • pickyreverb
    pickyreverb Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Stick them in the oven at 350 degrees for 3 minutes and they puff up a bit and taste kinda like a cookie
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I've tried this a couple of different times-- so far I've never gotten the alleged free samples
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I eat my cookie dough ones straight out of the fridge. It's like eating raw dough. I can only have one per week though, I'm sensitive to that fiber they put in it.
  • Reinventi0n
    Reinventi0n Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Quest Bars! I actually have them for "breakfast". They are high protein, low calorie/sugar/net carb and they taste really good. Some of my favorite flavors are the s'mores, chocolate chip cookie dough, cookies and cream, white chocolate raspberry, double chocolate chunk, and chocolate brownie. I also recently discovered that microwaving some of the flavors makes them even better! Yum!
  • BritDillinger
    Options
    The hype behind them lies in the fact that they have only 3g net carbs and 21g of protein! Well, the chocolate chip cookie dough ones anyway. They are a fantastic bar to grab for on the go or if I’m feeling lazy on lunch.
  • BritDillinger
    Options
    A highly processed candy bar, yum. Make one yourself, because cheaper.

What about them are highly processed.
  • aryseespieces
    Options

I've tried this a couple of different times-- so far I've never gotten the alleged free samples

I just live chatted with them and were NOCE and said I'll get it in a week
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Can someone please get me up to speed on what Quest Bars are and what are their benefits?

They're basically a Snickers bar with a bit of protein powder mixed in. Tasty, sure, so if that's your thing...have at it.

Personally I don't find them even remotely filling, but that's going to be a personal thing.
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    They are pretty rubbish - Dont know what all the hype is about but ive bought about 8 boxes now and i dont enjoy them much at all.

Only eat them when i need a fiber boost and protein.

But i can get that just as easy from chickpeas and lentils and real meat.

Microwaved they are rubbish.

I dont mind them in the fridge of freezer for a while so nice and hard.

Cant beat real food.

The only good thing about them i see is if you want a candy bar, have this is a good replacement

Also no truth if they are actually low carb.

• Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    ALso make you own bars.

way way way cheaper

Better macros

Healthy

Taste way better

• eggomylegos
    eggomylegos Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Can someone please get me up to speed on what Quest Bars are and what are their benefits? Also where I can locate some?

Several of them taste fantastic, they don't make my blood sugar spike, they fit my macros, my stomach isn't bothered by the sweetener, and they keep me full between meals. Pretty much a win all around.

The cookie dough and white chocolate raspberry are my favorites. I threw the lemon and apple pie ones in the garbage. (I have friends with the exact opposite opinion, so I recommend trying a variety pack if possible)

For purchasing, I have a GNC membership and wait for a 10% off coupon to stock up. Holiday weekends are good for those.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I looooooooooove Quest bars. Cookie dough flavor, microwaved 20 secs. I struggle to eat only one a day =/
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I love them!! I've tried a lot of protein bars and none are as good as quest bars!
    I bought a box of 12 today for $55 :open_mouth: if they Weren't good I Wouldn't be paying that much! Chocolate brownie microwaved for 9 seconds... perfect :bigsmile:
  • aryseespieces
    Options
    I love them!! I've tried a lot of protein bars and none are as good as quest bars!
    I bought a box of 12 today for $55 :open_mouth: if they Weren't good I Wouldn't be paying that much! Chocolate brownie microwaved for 9 seconds... perfect :bigsmile:

$4.50 for a bar?!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Ditto
  • Christine_72
    Options

$4.50 for a bar?!

Yeah usually $5.25 each. My supplement store could have done me a deal of $42 for 12, but they had run out of the flavours i wanted! :angry:

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

$4.50 for a bar?!

Yeah usually $5.25 each. My supplement store could have done me a deal of $42 for 12, but they had run out of the flavours i wanted! :angry:

You must not be in the US. I mean, they're expensive here but not that bad.
  • Christine_72
    Options

$4.50 for a bar?!

You must not be in the US. I mean, they're expensive here but not that bad.

I'm in Australia. EVERYTHING costs more here :disappointed: