That was how many calories??? Guess I should check BEFORE I eat. :)

Options
124»

Replies

• selena_teresa
    selena_teresa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    davidcliff wrote: »
    Made that mistake the first week on MFP. Coaching at a swim meet and someone asked if I wanted a coffee from Caribou, not thinking I said sure Lg Turtle Mocha, POW! 710cal, ouch

Ha! That happened to me when I got the white chocolate Mocha From Starbucks after an hour walk on my lunch break- 370 calories. Should have gotten the caramel macchiato. I make sure I look things up now.

I like to order a Grande Cafe Mocha, no whip and non fat and it works out to be 220 calories, but has 13g of protein so I figure its a pretty good treat. :)
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I hate the WAWA BLT's cause cheese has no business on a BLT or a club. They put it on both. I do love WAWA in general though.

I ordered fish tacos from Joe's crab shack. Usually fish tacos are a pretty safe bet. These were even grilled, but when I looked them up they were still like 1,000 calories. Not sure how they managed that.

You can have pretty much anything your way at Wawa. Just order it without cheese...
  • ccam99
    ccam99 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Josalinn wrote: »
    but I also try and prelog everything so that I know what I am getting into for the day. For example today I have logged everything except dinner, and i have approximately 400 calories for dinner but I need to get some more protein in.

I think this is definitely doable for me to pre-log breakfast, lunch and any snacks and leave dinner open.

• lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    Pot pies. I love them, but good grief they're a calorie bomb. I mean, I didn't expect them to be low in calories, but I never realized how high in calories they are either. I guess it's to be expected since most of it is pie crust, lol. I got one at Perkins once. When I checked the nutrition, it was over 1600 calories and 118 grams of fat...not to mention the sodium which was almost 3000. I about fell off my chair.

I found a recipe for homemade pot pies that taste AMAZING and are low in calories! Considering it's a whole meal in one, really filling and it had under 500 calories I was pretty happy! We were able to make it with organic ingredients. The recipes we found were to make one whole large pot pie but we just found those small pie pan things and made individual ones. We had extra to put in the freezer too! Yum, I'm getting hungry now thinking about it!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I hate the WAWA BLT's cause cheese has no business on a BLT or a club. They put it on both. I do love WAWA in general though.

I ordered fish tacos from Joe's crab shack. Usually fish tacos are a pretty safe bet. These were even grilled, but when I looked them up they were still like 1,000 calories. Not sure how they managed that.

I went to Joe's once and looked at the nutrition info and there was only one meal under 900 calories, if you don't count crab. Haven't been back since.
  • wathjo1
    wathjo1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    2 oz planter's mixed nuts... 340 calories! That's the size of a jello shot cup, man!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    aylajane wrote: »
    I use rice cakes in place
    lindsayh87 wrote: »
    SueInAz wrote: »
    Yeah, I've done this, too many times to count, really. I think one of the things that really surprised me, though, was the fact that two slices of bread or a hamburger roll are usually upwards of 200 calories. It's gotten to the point that I eat lunch meat without bread and a hamburger patty without a bun most of the time. I'd rather use those 200+ calories on something better.

Check out Aunt Millie's light breads! They have whole wheat and oatmeal breads with 35 calories per slice. They also make buns with about 110 calories each! The bread is pretty tasty too!

I use rice cakes in place of bread all the time. The buttered popcorn flavor just adds salt/butter taste and crunch to anything for just 35 calories. I put PBJ with whipped cream on it, hot ham and cheese with bbq sauce, pizza sauce and pepperoni, etc.

ANd bonus for me since I am terrible at grocery shopping - bread molds before I ever get halfway through it (sometimes before I even open it...), but those rice cakes are like styrofoam and last forever so I can just stock up. Luckily I have low standards for food :)

I do this too, but I usually use corn thins....they are half the height of traditional rice cakes, and only 24 calories each. Using rice cakes makes the sandwhich too tall and hard to eat, IMO.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    aylajane wrote: »
    I use rice cakes in place
    lindsayh87 wrote: »
    SueInAz wrote: »
    Yeah, I've done this, too many times to count, really. I think one of the things that really surprised me, though, was the fact that two slices of bread or a hamburger roll are usually upwards of 200 calories. It's gotten to the point that I eat lunch meat without bread and a hamburger patty without a bun most of the time. I'd rather use those 200+ calories on something better.

Check out Aunt Millie's light breads! They have whole wheat and oatmeal breads with 35 calories per slice. They also make buns with about 110 calories each! The bread is pretty tasty too!

I use rice cakes in place of bread all the time. The buttered popcorn flavor just adds salt/butter taste and crunch to anything for just 35 calories. I put PBJ with whipped cream on it, hot ham and cheese with bbq sauce, pizza sauce and pepperoni, etc.

ANd bonus for me since I am terrible at grocery shopping - bread molds before I ever get halfway through it (sometimes before I even open it...), but those rice cakes are like styrofoam and last forever so I can just stock up. Luckily I have low standards for food :)

I do this too, but I usually use corn thins....they are half the height of traditional rice cakes, and only 24 calories each. Using rice cakes makes the sandwhich too tall and hard to eat, IMO.

I also use Kim's mini-Magic pops. Same size as rice cake but almost flat, with 15-20 cals. They are just harder to find (have to order on amazon!). But they are actually sturdier for heavier stuff.

I will have to look for those corn thins? Never heard of!
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    1 cup of cashews .. which was almost 700 calories ugh.

Sadly, it's pretty much the same for all kinds of nuts. Look at the serving size of nuts. It's usually 1 oz (28g) or about 1/4 cup. And even that small amount will set you back about 170 calories! You could eat almost twice as much ice cream for the same.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I went to Buffalo wild wings today and everything had so many calories in it, I ended up just ordering a side salad at 70c and just a little balsamic on top.