So I have a confession

Options
1235»

Replies

• sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Around five or six yearand ago, my cousin was given a large bag of second hand clothes from a friend of hers. She passed it onto me, and while I got rid of most of them (I don't do puffy vests) I hung onto a pair of jeans. Don't ask me why. They wouldn't even pull up over my thighs, and they weren't exactly skinny jeans. Size 18 Maker Of True Originals. But, they were sexy, and I kept telling myself one day. Those stupid jeans sat stuffed in the back of my closet. I didn't tell anyone except my trainer because I was embarrassed as hell, but couldn't get rid of them. I'd try them on from time to time, when I was alone in the house. Sometimes they motivated me, sometimes they depressed me, but mostly they never changed. And neither did I. Late last year, after eight or so months of honestly trying to do this, I tried them on again. I could get them done up!! I couldn't move, but it was soooo close!

I discovered that MFP had a forum and began reading it in the new year. Learned soooo much! Dusted off my scale, bought a second-hand fitbit, logged almost faithfully, and really got into the CICO. It made so much sense! I love you guys!! I saw enough of a difference to get brave enough to try the stupid sexy jeans on again.

Aaaand they're a little baggy in the caboose. I'm totally wearing them right now. :smiley:

I totally did something similar! Mine was a light brown skort. When I bought it on clearance, I could almost zip it. I figured 5 more pounds and it would fit perfectly....and ended up gaining 50 more pounds. I put them on the closet shelf until the day I fit into them. Finally, several years ago, I put it on and zipped it up. I wore it until I could take it off without unbuttoning it :)

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!