Fitbit users?

Options
2»

Replies

• crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I had a one for 2 years and I really liked it. It did a fair job of measuring my activity but I was still being under counted for things such as Zumba. I got a Charge HR about 45 days ago and I really like it. It does a good job of measuring my heart rate which I was more concerned about than accurate steps. It comes in nearly spot on with Zumba website estimates for my weight and height and estimated intensity level. My only complaints with the HR would be how often I need to charge (about once every 4-5 days or so compared to once every 10-14 days with the one), cleaning (have to clean the little interface and the plastic band due to sweat and general stinkiness), and I need to change wrists every few days so my skin doesn't break out (but that's probably my skin. I break out for anything.) Overall, I'm very pleased with my HR and I like it better than the one, even with the issues mentioned. It was a great fit for usability and price for me.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have the Surge, upgraded from the One in Jan. The Surge GPS drains the battery fast, and the phone connection features are only compatible with iOS. I use Android, and I can sometimes see text messages or who is calling, but no music controls and text/incoming caller ID is unreliable.

Still, I like the actual fitness features - steps, stairs, HR, sleep. So if I had to do it again, I would buy the Charge HR instead.

ETA: Regardless of which Fitbit you get, you can measure and manually enter your stride to get more accurate distance. I did that and my actual distance (when I can measure it manually) is typically within 0.2% (or 0.1 miles for every 5.0 miles) of Fitbit's calculated distance.
  • jcondeee
    jcondeee Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you for everyone's imput!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!