Replies

• Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    lamb and tuna fish
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I had white cheddar popcorn and wine. It was heavenly and well worth the wait!
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    I don't see the point in decreasing my weekly deficit by 'cheating'. It all seems a bit buzzword trendy to me.

Today is pre-logged. This evening I will be eating a full tub of lick banana and honey froyo with a Reese's nut bar. No cheats.

I'm fairly disciplined with my eating so a cheat day is simply me exercising and eating all of my calories back. Basically I just aim to break even for the day. Normally my treats (I love froyo) have to fit into calories and I still net 1200.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I don't have one. Been enjoying some ice cream, chocolate, burgers, pasta, pastries, donuts and more within my calories.
    This, although not as much ice cream... maybe because there's still snow outside :/
    Winter weather is the best ice cream weather
  • rhondafaith9459
    rhondafaith9459 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have only been on this program for 3 days so not thinking that far ahead yet
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I don't have one. Been enjoying some ice cream, chocolate, burgers, pasta, pastries, donuts and more within my calories.
    This, although not as much ice cream... maybe because there's still snow outside :/
    Winter weather is the best ice cream weather

n50455f1333447.gif
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options

So you have been doing mfp for 3 whole days but, messaged me to tell me what I am doing wrong by having a cheat day? Ridiculous! I didn't ask for advice nor am I having any problems losing weight.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    AmberSue09 wrote: »

So you have been doing mfp for 3 whole days but, messaged me to tell me what I am doing wrong by having a cheat day? Ridiculous! I didn't ask for advice nor am I having any problems losing weight.

ahaha
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't plan cheat days really. They just happen. I'll probably go out for gelato and drinks and maybe eat a cheesy hunky sandwich on saturday.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,215 Member
    Options
    39 days here ... 0 cheat days.

I don't understand why would a person want to "cheat" on their diets? I'm here to lose weight and get it done as quickly and efficiently as possible. But maybe others have different goals.

That said, I have gone out to dinner a few times ... I've even eaten half a cheesecake (a small one). But it was all carefully pre-planned and within my calorie limit ... and everything was meticulously logged, so there was no "cheating". And believe me, I exercised my butt off for that cheesecake. That weekend, my husband and I cycled just shy of 140 km.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Mine was a BLTCA sandwich. It wasn't even that bad an option really: 1 piece of sourdough bread (open faced) with I think 2 slices of bacon, 60gr or so of chicken breast, some avocado, a drizzle of honey mustard and of course greens and tomato.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    kimw91 wrote: »
    Mine was a BLTCA sandwich. It wasn't even that bad an option really: 1 piece of sourdough bread (open faced) with I think 2 slices of bacon, 60gr or so of chicken breast, some avocado, a drizzle of honey mustard and of course greens and tomato.

What do you consider about that to be a "cheat"?
  • theston412
    theston412 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Country fried steak and mashed potatoes.

Oh man, I can totally get behind some country fried steak and mashed potatoes.

Tonight, I'm going to pizza hut for a friend's birthday party, and I plan on having a chicken alfredo. Maybe a breadstick or two.
  • randilast
    randilast Posts: 99 Member
    Options

That sounds fantastic! I'm going to copy that idea, I have some avocado I need to use up and that is the perfect answer.
    This past week was bad for me food wise, I got really discouraged, worried and stressed and I dived into fast food for comfort. But I'm moving past it and am getting back on track.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options

What do you consider about that to be a "cheat"?

I was wondering this same thing!

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I don't see the point in decreasing my weekly deficit by 'cheating'. It all seems a bit buzzword trendy to me.

Today is pre-logged. This evening I will be eating a full tub of lick banana and honey froyo with a Reese's nut bar. No cheats.

I'm fairly disciplined with my eating so a cheat day is simply me exercising and eating all of my calories back. Basically I just aim to break even for the day. Normally my treats (I love froyo) have to fit into calories and I still net 1200.

Seems like confusing terminology. If you stay within your calories goal, you aren't "cheating".

To me "cheating" would be a day that you exceed your calorie goal.
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    KristinaG_is_losing_it Posts: 63 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I went to Bonefish Grill last night and tried to stick as close to my limits as possible. I had the sirloin and crab cake dinner with broccoli and snap peas. The table ordered bang bang shrimp I had three pieces and I was fine. Until the lady put the bread and oil right in front of me! I had two pieces of bread/oil. Even still I'm not beating myself up, I've eaten healthier in the last 3-4 weeks than I have in the last 3-4 years.

Tonight I'm meeting 3/4 of my bridesmaids for dinner at a Mexican restaurant. I didn't pick the place but I plan on ordering chicken and shrimp fajitas. I'm going to the gym tomorrow for my Saturday HIIT/Butts & Guts class so I just keep telling myself as long as I stay accountable I am still on the wagon.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    39 days here ... 0 cheat days.

I don't understand why would a person want to "cheat" on their diets? I'm here to lose weight and get it done as quickly and efficiently as possible. But maybe others have different goals.

That's because to me, and probably a lot of people here, this isn't a diet. We're trying to change how we eat for the rest of our lives. And being on a diet for the rest of my life is super depressing to me. So I've had to learn portion control and how to fit things I like into what my daily calorie limit should be. That's why the 'cheat' days from time to time. Sometimes, we all just have off days. *shrugs*

For me, yesterday, I was feeling rather crappy, so I went to Quizno's and got the honey mustard chicken sandwich. That ended up being almost 2/3 my daily calories with a bag of chips, but I didn't care at that point. ^_^;;
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,852 Member
    Options
    Friday's after work, I do my usual visit to the local Y and then stop afterwards by Papa Murphy's to get a pizza to take home for the family supper. It's my reward for a good week.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I think everyone looks at cheat meals and days differently causing sometimes unwanted snobbery and advice. My idea of a cheat day which I have once a week is eating 2-300 maybe very occassionally 400-500 but, still under for the week. That day itself looks terrible but, in the scheme of a week I am still in the green. I call it a cheat day because that one day I don't watch my macros, micros and definitely not my cals. This works for me personally because if I didn't do it I would go crazy! I get that not everyone can handle a day of cheating I get some ppl think they know better but, I have lost 17 lbs in a month and a half so I am doing what is right for my body.