Why Salads are not as Healthy as we Thought

Options
1234568»

Replies

• lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    10-12 years ago a new restaurant opened where I lived. They had a Caesar salad with grilled chicken that I absolutely loved. I got a little obsessed with it and ate a large one (and it was very large) for lunch almost every day for about two months. I lost several pounds during that time period, I think almost ten pounds. I did not do anything differently that I remember, or at least nothing intentional because I wasn't trying to lose weight or "eat healthy;" I was just obsessed with this salad.

Caesar salads are far from low calorie. I think maybe the salad was just more filling and nutritious than what I had been eating for lunch before.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I eat a salad every day for lunch. I make my own. I never get a salad from a restaurant unless it is Panera. Just simply because if I am going out to dinner I want something really yummy and if I am going to blow my calorie for that meal I don't want to do it on a salad.
  • K3rB3ar89
    K3rB3ar89 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    What did I just read? It all depends what you put on you salad lol I can't even believe I just read salad was bad lol... Do you even Know how many veggies you need to eat before you can eat "too much" lol... You would prob be sick of eating it before it ever got bad.. Unless you decided as mentioned you add cheese, croutons, bacon ect ect which now when I think about salad I think about veggies and just enough low calorie dressing:s
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    The healthiest salad will always be this pinnacle of German inventiveness.
    108_delikatessfleischsalat.png

Meat salad.

Holy crap! I grew up on that stuff. Only one place around here that it makes it relatively the same as where we bought it in my home town.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    High calorie =/= not healthy

Basically, you can have healthy food that is high calorie.