What do you all do with sweet potatoes?

Options

Replies

• misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I cut them into 1 inch rounds, toss with olive oil and whatever spices I'm feeling like. Bake at 400 for 40 or so minutes & flip halfway though. Sooo good!
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I roast them in the oven with a little oil and sugar and a coating of Chinese 5 spice powder! Tasty!
  • YokiLenko
    YokiLenko Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like to slice them on a mandolin, so they are like chips. Then either put cinnamon and a little bit of sugar or salt and pepper. Then put it in the oven until crispy.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My favorite is mashed with goat cheese and some cinnamon and a little butter.
  • Jax_30
    Jax_30 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just last night I sliced thinly, tossed in coconut oil, sea salt and rosemary, and baked at 350 for 10 min a side, or until crispy,,,, delicious,, also scooped some guacamole up with them,,,, omg!!!
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    1)Stick a fork in the them
    2)Pop them in the microwave for 9 mins (or cook them in the oven if trying to impress a lady).
    3)Put Tuna, mayonnaise or cottage cheese on them bad boys.
    4)Consume them with vigour.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Don't snort them, it does not end well.
  • artlover47
    artlover47 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I either bake mine and eat them plain (you can brush the outside with a mixture of olive oil and cinnamon before baking which soaks through the skin and makes it peel off easily if you don't like to eat the skin), or cook them, mash them, and mix with diced or crushed pineapple and a few pecans. I prefer using fresh raw pineapple that I cut myself rather than canned.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Make sweet potato salad. Use the same ingredients as you would a white potato salad. Mine includes chopped onions, celery, dill relish, chopped boiled eggs, and Dijon mustard. With a LOT less mayonnaise, as sweet potatoes are creamier than white potatoes. And very filling!
  • candythorns
    candythorns Posts: 246 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sweet potato salad!!!

You cook the potatoes
    You cook bacon (I use Turkey)
    You mix both with cilantro, red onion, jalapeño, cayenne, garlic, white wine vinegar and cider vinegar

Sooooo good
  • BerryGood4me
    BerryGood4me Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I scrub the skin well, cut in irregular 1 inch chunks, toss in grape seed oil, salt pepper, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Spread out single layer on parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 20-30 mins at 400 degrees. Toss once or twice during so all sides brown. This is amazing! My favorite way to eat sweet pots. Even my family of sweet pot haters like these.
  • TheSurge0n
    TheSurge0n Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes
    Japnese sweet potato - boiled- without skin - 150g - 1 hr before going to gym & burn all that carb energy @gym
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Rampant328 wrote: »
    Slice the ends off, then cut them into 1" slices. Rub a little olive oil on both sides of each slice. Mill some fresh ground black pepper on both sides (Emeril says that you've got to make both sides taste good). Sometimes I'll sprinkle some cinnamon on both sides. Place in microwave until fork tender (about eight minutes). Let cool a bit, then enjoy...they're like candy!

Um, IN for the "candy" option! Will definitely be trying this, thanks!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    just posted this in the other thread, but since i can just paste it here too...
    Eb1Tt6U.jpg
  • gooseberripop
    Options
    sweet potato bliss balls as featured on natvia's facebook page
  • gooseberripop
    Options
    Mash them
    spread thinly on a silicone baking tray (2mm thick at most)
    Place in preheated oven at 150 degrees celcius for 16hours

And there ya go, u have sweet potato vegie leather
    Can add nuts and/or spinach to the mash/processor to mash before baking

• OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Has anybody mentioned sweet potato pie. For you Yankees, think pumpkin. :p
  • ghettosaf
    ghettosaf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato fries in the oven for around 20 minutes. And instead of rubbing them in oil beforehand, I just spray it with the olive oil spray! They taste so good.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Since it is so carb-heavy I don't do it often, but I like a baked sweet potato with butter, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and honey or pure maple syrup.

I also like sweet potato fries, salted, dipped in honey or Boss Sauce.

Sweet potato hash with sausage, onions, and topped with fried eggs is another one I like.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I usually slow bake them and then eat them during hikes or as a regular snack.