I even hate asking this question

Options

Replies

• never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    As the pictures above show, wearing clothes that fit properly can have a significant impact on appearance.

I understand what you are saying but the top I am in In the second pic is a smaller size than the first pic and the bottoms are the same size. If need be I will take the pic again in the same outfit to more accurately demonstrate the change. I just didn't feel like changing cloths.

My pants size has gone from a tight size 8 to a loose size 8/ tight size 6.

I think the most significant thing I have done is gotten back in the gym. I have always loved weightlifting but recently suffered a back injury which took me away from my weights for 5 months. I put on fat but also my muscles "forgot" how to stay tight. Doing regular lifting has put the tension back in the muscles which makes them naturally hold me in better.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    All you can do is try. I would be super consistent with few/no days over your calories until vacation.

Your current weight is my goal weight, for what it's worth! (We're the same height!)
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Lift heavy and see where you get :smiley:

thats my plan haha!
  • fishshark
    Options
    All you can do is try. I would be super consistent with few/no days over your calories until vacation.

Your current weight is my goal weight, for what it's worth! (We're the same height!)

Its hard for me to talk about goal weight because I mainly just want to lose fat.. if i was 133 with muscle and low BF% id be happy. I have a pretty much BF% so 133 actually looks like 153 because its like all fat.
  • fishshark
    Options
    As the pictures above show, wearing clothes that fit properly can have a significant impact on appearance.

I understand what you are saying but the top I am in In the second pic is a smaller size than the first pic and the bottoms are the same size. If need be I will take the pic again in the same outfit to more accurately demonstrate the change. I just didn't feel like changing cloths.

My pants size has gone from a tight size 8 to a loose size 8/ tight size 6.

I think the most significant thing I have done is gotten back in the gym. I have always loved weightlifting but recently suffered a back injury which took me away from my weights for 5 months. I put on fat but also my muscles "forgot" how to stay tight. Doing regular lifting has put the tension back in the muscles which makes them naturally hold me in better.

yea i really don't think your progress has anything to do with the clothes you are wearing.. i had to bite my tongue on that one....
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    We have the same stats (I'm an inch taller). I lift and eat about 1600 calories a day and typically see pretty big improvements in two months time. I'd also feel super comfortable in a bikini now but maybe that's because I'm coming down from almost 165. I'm sure you look great already.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Also...good on your boyfriend.
  • fishshark
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    We have the same stats (I'm an inch taller). I lift and eat about 1600 calories a day and typically see pretty big improvements in two months time. I'd also feel super comfortable in a bikini now but maybe that's because I'm coming down from almost 165. I'm sure you look great already.

My calorie intake is something I struggle with because my TDEE is around 1600 but I want to eat 1600 haha. I feel like my body reacts really well to lifting vs cardio. This is def the most out of shape and highest BF% i have ever had so its tough.
  • arditarose
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »

My calorie intake is something I struggle with because my TDEE is around 1600 but I want to eat 1600 haha. I feel like my body reacts really well to lifting vs cardio. This is def the most out of shape and highest BF% i have ever had so its tough.

Are you SURE your TDEE is 1600?
  • fishshark
    Options

well I went from working on my feet 10 hours a day to being a house wife and I'm in grad school online so i really am like sitting around for 70% of the day so i guessed that my metabolism had plummeted. its been about 9 months of like no activity.. i always assume i count as sedentary :(
  • arditarose
    Options

well I went from working on my feet 10 hours a day to being a house wife and I'm in grad school online so i really am like sitting around for 70% of the day so i guessed that my metabolism had plummeted. its been about 9 months of like no activity.. i always assume i count as sedentary :(

Oh yeah, I remember your other post. So is your TDEE 1600 or 1600 is what MFP gives you to lose set as sedentary? Two different things. Just checking.
  • fishshark
    Options
    according to IIFYM my tdee is 1700 and on MFP losing .5 lbs a week my food is 1300... and at 1300. I am trying to get back outside and do anything to get more activity as well as lifting so I can hopefully eat more and stay active.
  • arditarose
    Options
    according to IIFYM my tdee is 1700 and on MFP losing .5 lbs a week my food is 1300... and at 1300. I am trying to get back outside and do anything to get more activity as well as lifting so I can hopefully eat more and stay active.

Gotcha. Makes sense, even with exercise my TDEE is around 1900. Well! Get to shaking your tail a bit then lady. Move, eat, lift. You'll look great on your cruise.
  • fishshark
    Options

Gotcha. Makes sense, even with exercise my TDEE is around 1900. Well! Get to shaking your tail a bit then lady. Move, eat, lift. You'll look great on your cruise.

clearly i need to not be sedentary haha! thanks for encouraging words!! yay lifting!
  • arditarose
    Options

clearly i need to not be sedentary haha! thanks for encouraging words!! yay lifting!

Nope. If I had my way I wouldn't do any cardio. But we short and need to eat.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options

My initial thought exactly
  • fishshark
    Options

My initial thought exactly

well regardless she has clearly made progress and thats really all that matters right?
  • fishshark
    Options

I'm for sure happy sitting around eating food all day but my jeans are seriously pissed at me
  • arditarose
    Options

I'm for sure happy sitting around eating food all day but my jeans are seriously pissed at me

Were you typically in the 120s when you were active? I thought I'd be done at 130 but now I'm not so sure.