Zero carb icecream. Guilt free

Options

Replies

• Tlw83
    Tlw83 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Rude people, blah! OP had good intentions.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I had 220 calories of gelato (sea salt caramel Talenti, to be exact). I felt zero guilt. And I even went over my calories. #boom

yo yo, did you get the yummy pieces in it this time? better?
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    I had 220 calories of gelato (sea salt caramel Talenti, to be exact). I felt zero guilt. And I even went over my calories. #boom
    I take it that you are enjoying that particular flavor? This is good news.

Yes and yes. It's glorious.

Cosigned Forever. I think I had a mini orgasm when I ate mine last night.

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,038 Member
    Options
    OP if you enjoy this treat and it has less calories than your alternative and this keeps you under calorie goal, it sounds a winner for you.

I regularly eat low fat ice cream at home, 90g(quite a decent size serve) has about 150 calories. I don't think it is artificially sweetened, just made with low fat milk.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Tlw83 wrote: »

Other than hyping a product as a series of things it is not ... what were her intentions?

All food is guilt free if you have a healthy relationship with food and understand simple concepts such as portion control and caloric deficit as primary when it comes to weight loss.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Tlw83 wrote: »

Yep, you have to lie to have good intentions. Why not just tell the truth in the OP if it was good intentions?
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Wow, people are rude! I wish we had one of these places in Chicago. Sounds good. The OP didn't lie the website says 0 carbs. People who are following a low carb plan subtract sugar alcohol from the total carb count so that could be where they are getting the 0 carb total. Not everyone is following the same eating plan
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Chicago, as I recall, is a pretty big town. I would guess there's probably some zero carb (that actually has carbs) frozen concoction that tastes like cardboard but has just as many calories as real ice cream available somewhere.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    Wow, people are rude! I wish we had one of these places in Chicago. Sounds good. The OP didn't lie the website says 0 carbs. People who are following a low carb plan subtract sugar alcohol from the total carb count so that could be where they are getting the 0 carb total. Not everyone is following the same eating plan

Actually, she did lie about the carb content even if you try to use "net carbs".

http://www.quitehealthy.com/nutrition-facts/carbolite/L312371.html

She also lied about the calorie total for 18 ounces and that what she was referring to was ice cream. Noting her series of untrue statements is not rude ... it's honest.
  • kristenlarkin
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Chicago, as I recall, is a pretty big town. I would guess there's probably some zero carb (that actually has carbs) frozen concoction that tastes like cardboard but has just as many calories as real ice cream available somewhere.

On the website it said only 3 places served that specific low carb soft served yougurt (or whatever it is) Chicago was not one of them. You'd be surprised at how many things you can create to taste like full carb desserts without many carbs in it. Low or 0 carbs does not necessarily mean it tastes like cardboard
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    How is 'zero carb' ice cream guilt free exactly?

Are carbohydrates not an option for you because of medical reasons?
    I don't care about the carbs but this ice cream is low calories compared to others and is great for people who need a treat and want to stay on track with their calories. I personally don't eat this often and I'm not doing low calories as far as diet

You can still stay on track when eating normal ice cream..
    I'm glad you think so. However this post is for people who are interested in a lower calorie alternative to regular icecream :)

One serving of your fake ice cream = 150 calories

One serving of real ice cream = 150 calories

that was my thought too…

I can have a serving of breyes cookies and cream ice cream for about 140 calories….why would i want some fake substitute when I can have that, or Talenti which comes in at about 200 ….
  • kristenlarkin
    Options

Actually, she did lie about the carb content even if you try to use "net carbs".

She also lied about the calorie total for 18 ounces and that what she was referring to was ice cream. Noting her series of untrue statements is not rude ... it's honest.

The website of the place she goes to is lying she is just misinformed if it is a lie at all.
  • ndj1979
    Options

i finally got sea salt caramel and was like "eh" ….which i know is blasphemy but I have never been the biggest caramel fan ...
  • brianpperkins
    Options

The website of the place she goes to is lying she is just misinformed if it is a lie at all.

You are trying to defend the factually challenged. If she failed to verify a dubious source, that is her fault as is the ensuing series of untrue statements (aka "lies").
  • ndj1979
    Options

her 18 oz serving in OP would of been about 240 calories and 48 grams of carbs….math fail….
  • kristenlarkin
    Options

You are trying to defend the factually challenged. If she failed to verify a dubious source, that is her fault as is the ensuing series of untrue statements (aka "lies").

That is still not her lying, it is being misinformed, but honestly I don't really care. I follow a low carb life style and I appreciate the information. I'll have to see if some place around my home has something similar to this
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

i finally got sea salt caramel and was like "eh" ….which i know is blasphemy but I have never been the biggest caramel fan ...
    While I love you, I must side-eye now.

jyvgTs5.gif
  • brianpperkins
    Options

That is still not her lying, it is being misinformed, but honestly I don't really care. I follow a low carb life style and I appreciate the information. I'll have to see if some place around my home has something similar to this

It is her lying. Whipped LA did not create a thread ... she did. Her calling it "ice cream" is her lie. Her saying 150 calories for 18 ounces is her lie.

Personal accountability for one's actions and statements ... something lacking from her comments and your defense of them.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    [ You'd be surprised at how many things you can create to taste like full carb desserts without many carbs in it. Low or 0 carbs does not necessarily mean it tastes like cardboard

But why would I want to do that? I have no problem eating carbs and enjoying all the foodz.
  • kristenlarkin
    Options
    [ You'd be surprised at how many things you can create to taste like full carb desserts without many carbs in it. Low or 0 carbs does not necessarily mean it tastes like cardboard

But why would I want to do that? I have no problem eating carbs and enjoying all the foodz.

Didn't say you had to. Just said you'd be surprised.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Maybe try mixing it with chocolate peanut butter cup. For science.

Or sending it to me.