Goodbye, Cheddar Cheese

Options
Dear Cheddar,

First of all, you should know, it's not you - it's me. But I'm fairly certain today is the day we have to break up. When I log just a few ounces of you into MFP, I see your sodium content, I notice that I kick into a craving, and I watch my day's calories quickly add up for very little satiety.

I just can't do this anymore, except in extreme moderation. No more can I have you sitting on my fridge shelf, asking me if I have any lonely tortillas around the house that might need your touch.

I hope you find some nice nachos to hang out with.

Replies

• LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Cute! Your cheddar cheese can come to my house. No way I could give up cheese!
  • barbiereynolds701
    barbiereynolds701 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    :p
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Dear Cheddar,

First of all, you should know, it's not you - it's me. But I'm fairly certain today is the day we have to break up. When I log just a few ounces of you into MFP, I see your sodium content, I notice that I kick into a craving, and I watch my day's calories quickly add up for very little satiety.

I just can't do this anymore, except in extreme moderation. No more can I have you sitting on my fridge shelf, asking me if I have any lonely tortillas around the house that might need your touch.

I broke up with cheddar cheese by buying only the shredded packages and storing them in the freezer. You have a little when you need it. And not when you don't. I totally get you.

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    denisekotz wrote: »

I'll take some too.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Aw. So sad.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    denisekotz wrote: »

I'll take some too.

Me, too. I eat cheddar cheese all the time.

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Bring some over here :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cheese and cheddar is one of my favorites. Send it over!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laughs. I do love my cheese though, and it does hurt to eat it in moderation only, but your body will thank you in the end. I find a way to eat at least some cheese everyday.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yep, I gotta have at least a wedge of cheese every day
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    If I didn't eat some kind of cheese every day I would probably die or be heart broken at least. I love me all the cheeses!
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    D_squareG wrote: »
    Dear Cheddar,

I broke up with cheddar cheese by buying only the shredded packages and storing them in the freezer. You have a little when you need it. And not when you don't. I totally get you.
    Genius! Thanks for the tip! I like a tbsp on huevos rancheros, but if I buy a whole piece, I end up justifying it right onto my thighs...

Thanks again!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Nooooo. I cut my cheddar up (20 oz per slice), prepackaged and put in my freezer. I have my cheddar fix daily.
  • Tlw83
    Tlw83 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Cheese is actually helping me eat healthier. Gives me some protein I wouldn't have and it's a satisfying snack. I eat sticks or precut ounces from a block. Cheese is just too good to pass up.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I love cheddar....well I love cheese. I was amazed how much you get for an ounce (I weigh out that 28g every single time). Some days I eat a few ounces throughout the day, but I figure it's a nice little protein and some calcium I probably really really need. I try to get extra sharp so I get a strong cheese bang for my calories.
  • foofyq
    foofyq Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I live for cheese! And I just tell myself that my Dr. told me to eat as much calcium as I can before I turn 30 because after that my body can't store any more and starts losing it. lots of cheese = strong bones! :P
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,888 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUJcSObexhnY_IFXCLHtJpqlX8yj1DjZLgOX2AXihkK5irmZVQng
  • foofyq
    foofyq Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mm2tspa6hS1rmcgo1o1_500.gif
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    foofyq wrote: »
    tumblr_mm2tspa6hS1rmcgo1o1_500.gif

Cheddar cheese and apple slices go hand and hand, along with grapes. Ohhh maybe I'll have that for lunch.

Cheddar apple pie is a thing too.
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    4o96sbz65u80.gif

I love my cheese.