tired of diet pills and nothing working

Options
2»

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Best advice I can give. Patience and simplicity. Plan on losing 1 pound per week as long as it takes. Stick to your calorie goals and find exercise that fits your schedule and ability. Good luck!
  • loosinit42806
    loosinit42806 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi~ well in know its hard but for dinner tonight make your self a nice Chicken salad! with egg and nuts they have a lot of protein and it will help you to stay full~
    So at least with that your filling your body with healthy foods~ good luck if you WANT add me, ill help keep you motivated
  • SEAFOODMAN
    Options
    avoid fast food...................get your goals together and a set calories you need to meet your goals..........then pick a 4-6hr window and eat all your calories in it.....fast the rest of the time and staying busy til its time to eat again.....workout in your fast..............I do 1pm-5pm
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Protein and vegetables. Whenever you are hungry focus on lean protein and veggies. Changing up food choices will help, mixed with smaller measured portions of what you love to eat. Eat regular meals, pack food instead of getting fast food whenever you can. An English muffin with cheese and an egg and coffee with no sugar for breakfast, bring a banana or an apple and a granola bar to snack on during the day, a salad with chicken and a small piece of bread, and 2 T dressing for lunch, have protein, a carb, and 2 veggies for dinner, and a 150 calorie snack, then stop eating for the night and stay away from the fridge. Try celestial seasonings herbal tea, homemade lemonade mixed with stevia to sweeten it (Newmans Own Diet lemonade is made with Stevia). Eat egg whites and celery and cucumbers when you are out of calories and still hungry. Don't give up!
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    avoid fast food...................get your goals together and a set calories you need to meet your goals..........then pick a 4-6hr window and eat all your calories in it.....fast the rest of the time and staying busy til its time to eat again.....workout in your fast..............I do 1pm-5pm
    Definitely DO NOT DO THIS!
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    stop looking for shortcuts.

if you want this, you want it enough to do it the right way, the hard way, the long way. the only way that comes with a guarantee. cardio, strength, nutrition, rest.

if you don't want it, then you definitely don't want it enough to log the years of hard work.

you put in cheap effort and gimmicks... you get back cheap results and temporary superficial setbacks.

I hope you're in it for good this time!
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options

There is actually nothing wrong with this. You do not have to space your calories out evenly through the day.

I eat my daily allotted calories between 3 pm and 8 pm. Intermittent Fasting is a good friend to most people on a weight lifting program who are trying to lower their body fat percentage.

97179347213b7105c1c968d4e7b15ae0996f8dc3.jpg
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    As others have said: LOG! :-) And be kind & patient with yourself.

And since you mentioned diet pills & nothing working, I'm gonna strongly recommend you have your doc test your RMR (resting metabolism rate). Painless, simple, and gives you a REAL number to work with.

All the online calculators make certain assumptions & generalizations that are less likely to apply to someone who's dinked around with meds/diets/health issues that could impact metabolism. (Please note I'm not suggesting ALLmeds/diets/health issues will have an impact)

For many folks, MFP's 1200 calories is way too low. Me? I crashed my RMR to 1100. Do yourself a favor and find out what YOUR situation really is - it will make the rest of your journey oodles easier!

Edited to correct spelling :-/
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

There is actually nothing wrong with this. You do not have to space your calories out evenly through the day.

I eat my daily allotted calories between 3 pm and 8 pm. Intermittent Fasting is a good friend to most people on a weight lifting program who are trying to lower their body fat percentage.

I believe recent general consensus within the IF communities is that it may not be appropriate for all women...especially those women trying to lose an appreciable amount of weight.

OP, I suggest you set a reasonable calorie deficit, eat what and when you want, and look for strategies that fit your current mindset. Try something, if it works, then keep doing it, and if it doesn't, then stop. For example, today, you had a McD breakfast and ate most of your calories. This probably won't work for you every day. Finish up the day as best you can (without passing out or some other bad outcome) and try something else tomorrow...like a lighter breakfast, for example.

As you get things dialed in, get a reasonable calorie goal, and get into habits that support instead of derail, it gets easier. Best of luck.
  • evanblove
    evanblove Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This link will take you to a list of the posts that you should read as well as other informational posts that should be useful to have to hand
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    For YEARS I felt like life was unfair. I was cursed with bad genetics. I had the metabolism of a snail. People around me could eat so much more than I could and not get fat. Nothing worked.

Then I started doing MFP and realized how much I was eating. Well it's no wonder I couldn't lose weight! I was eating close to 4,000 calories a day! Sheesh!

When you get your diet under control, it gets SO much easier!

Consider doing "mini-meals" - instead of 3 large meals, eat 5-6 "mini-meals". My goal was 2,000 calories a day, so I aimed for 6 meals of just over 300 calories. That way, you're eating all day long and are never hungry. And if you are hungry, you're probably going to eat very soon. Plus it helps keep your metabolism up.

You can totally do this. I just lost almost 50 pounds and I feel awesome. Feel free to send me a friend request!

Try the mini meals but don't stick with it if it seems hard. When I tried a bunch of mini meals I always felt like I was missing out on an actual meal and that i never really ate and that was unsatisfying to me. For me, I eat about 300-400 cals for bfast and lunch, about a 150 cal snack after school, about 500 cals for dinner and then a snack 200ish cals before bed. I aim for 1800-2000 total for the day (I do not eat back my exercise but I have upped my calorie goals to account for exercise)...find a schedule and program that helps you feel satisfied. Also, a little bit of protein/fat in each meal will help you feel satisfied instead of deprived.