Does anyone find that nobody actually believes you?

Options
2»

Replies

• Crogirl_22
    Crogirl_22 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I´ve just remembered another thing.. when you tell people you are bulking and when they see the amounts of food, they start searching for signs that you are getting fat..and even convincing themselves that you are.. :lol:
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Yea I didn't tell very many people I was bulking. It's like telling people "Oh I'm going to give birth without an epidural" they look at you like you're crazy and then try to tell you how you will fail. I've learned to keep things to myself.. better off that way :)
  • Crogirl_22
    Crogirl_22 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    True, but what did you say when they wondered your prep meals and the amount of food? ;)
  • sardelsa
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Crogirl_22 wrote: »
    True, but what did you say when they wondered your prep meals and the amount of food? ;)

I didn't really prep meals and I've always been a big eater so no one even noticed haha
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I think it's very likely because you are female.

Because the LAYDEEZ are supposed to try to DIET, to be SMALLER. Be little, little lady. Take up less space. And, for God's sake, stop having all those infernal opinions.

OP, you rock on with your own bad self.

(and @sardelsa is absolutely right in her childbirth metaphor. I had 3 babies with nothing but a bathtub for pain relief, and nobody ever believed that it would happen...idiots)
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Yea I didn't tell very many people I was bulking. It's like telling people "Oh I'm going to give birth without an epidural" they look at you like you're crazy and then try to tell you how you will fail. I've learned to keep things to myself.. better off that way :)

Yeah I personally never want to give birth without an epidural. ;)
  • sardelsa
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Yeah I personally never want to give birth without an epidural. ;)

Hahahaha @Wheelhouse15 :D
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Lady_jane_ wrote: »
    I don't think it's that they don't believe you, it's just their general misconception about food and nutrition. I never would have thought that I could eat all of this food and look the way I do a few years ago, because I hadn't researched the topic. I didn't know anything about fitness or bulking or lifting or how it all worked.

Yeah, I agree. I eat like a king. Never hungry and look and feel loads better than when I was skinny fat, eating low calorie rubbish and two stone lighter. It's a funny old world lol.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    It's simple: Most people are fat. Thus the idea of "bulking" is absolutely foreign to them. Most people are thinking about how to get smaller, not bigger. Even I, who know vaguely what bulking is all about, have never been in a position my entire life to actually be concerned about bulking. It's always been about de-bulking.