Shakeology???

124»

Replies

• melzielkie
    melzielkie Posts: 90 Member
    Sorry but I have been drinking it for over 3 years along with eating clean. Haven't been sick in over 3 years as it is more than something for weight loss. My health is the most important thing for me and my family, My husbands cholesterol is down 90 points, my kids enjoy it. If you are a busy working mom like I am, the need for something fast and cheap. Yes it is cheap considering the alternative grab and go options it is well worth it.

Anna

^^^ this right here!!

Whoever said not to drink their calories obviously doesn't get the point of a meal replacement. Everyone needs to stop bashing a product that millions of people love and use daily!! Just because its more then a tub of protein powder does not mean it's not a good product!! If we choose to spend money on a quality product then so be it!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    It's pretty expensive, so I haven't tried it. I use Trader Joe's whey protein powder. I think it's probably just as beneficial as any other shake and and it doesn't drain your wallet. I don't think shakes should be thought of as a weight loss product though, they are just another meal option that have to mathematically figure into your daily calories. Bottom line as always is calories in vs. calories out.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    Sorry but I have been drinking it for over 3 years along with eating clean. Haven't been sick in over 3 years as it is more than something for weight loss. My health is the most important thing for me and my family, My husbands cholesterol is down 90 points, my kids enjoy it. If you are a busy working mom like I am, the need for something fast and cheap. Yes it is cheap considering the alternative grab and go options it is well worth it.

Anna

^^^ this right here!!

Whoever said not to drink their calories obviously doesn't get the point of a meal replacement. Everyone needs to stop bashing a product that millions of people love and use daily!! Just because its more then a tub of protein powder does not mean it's not a good product!! If we choose to spend money on a quality product then so be it!

I dont doubt its a good product, its just unnecessarily expensive like all beachbody supplements. For the money you can get equivalent products at a store. I think what bothers most people on the board is when you talk about beachbody products the coaches come out and preach like its miracle product as demonstrated earlier in this thread.

But if you know basic nutrition you realize its another shake available. Exercise, eating enough calories and exercise alone will provide you energy, help you reduce your cholesterol and help prevent against sickness, especially when you hit your macro and micro nutrient goals.

On a side note I love beachbody workouts as I hate gyms. I have tried shakeology a few times but I see the same response by just eating right.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    What do you believe that shakeology can do for you that a reasonable calorie deficit cannot?

^^^THIS^^^

However, there is no great marketing/advertisement genius behind "reasonable calorie deficit" and "moderate exercise". Doesn't sound near as sexy as "Shakeology" and "BeachBody Coach", does it?

^^^THIS^^^
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member

Anna

^^^ this right here!!

And you know it's a quality product because.....
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    I have not tried shakeology but I have tried body by vi. My guess is they are much the same. What I liked about it was being able to drink my vitamins. I have a hard time swallowing pills. My throat closes and they tend to get stuck or I will have a gag reflex. I liked them for breakfast because I don't normally eat breakfast so when I made them with coffee, it worked good for me. What I didn't like was the cost (@ $60 a bag) and the annoying sales person. I found that SAMS carries a soy powder like BBV which actually has a higher % of vitamins for about $20 - $25. I didn't notice much of a taste difference at all and you don't get harassed every month to add more stock and sell it to 3 of your friends.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I dont doubt its a good product, its just unnecessarily expensive like all beachbody supplements. For the money you can get equivalent products at a store. I think what bothers most people on the board is when you talk about beachbody products the coaches come out and preach like its miracle product as demonstrated earlier in this thread.

But if you know basic nutrition you realize its another shake available. Exercise, eating enough calories and exercise alone will provide you energy, help you reduce your cholesterol and help prevent against sickness, especially when you hit your macro and micro nutrient goals.

On a side note I love beachbody workouts as I hate gyms. I have tried shakeology a few times but I see the same response by just eating right.

I've been on these boards a bit and I must disagree with this. I've commented on Shakeology posts and never once been PM'd by a coach. On this thread and others, I have seen no one preaching miracle product, though some do say it's a good product. Which, as you admit, it likely is.

I haven't priced shakes because shakes are just not how I like to get my food, but Shakeology doesn't really seem that high price for a meal replacement to me. It's like $3-$4 per meal, isn't it? People spend that much per meal on a lot less healthy meals and post about it and don't get the kind of bashing that meal replacement shakes like Shakeology do.

On the threads I've seen, there are always far more bashers (usually from those who have never tried it) than miracle claims. The same people that will defend McD meals often bash these kind of things. Where is the sense in that?