Replies

• whb2015
    whb2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    One and done each day for me.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I think a protein shake diet is just a bad idea! What happens when the diet is over? Will you keep drinking shakes or have you learned to balance your diet by this time?

Eat real food and supplement your work outs with a post protein shake.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I am perfectly able to get enough protein from food, since I don't need very much. I guess if I am ever at or under my goal weight and want to gain muscle mass and all my teeth fell out I stopped liking both steak and tofu then maybe I would?
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    A number of larger ladies did a version of the Cambridge diet, which is a VLCD and shake based, at my wife's work.

Half quit and the ones that lost weight regained it rapidly when they went back to solid food because they had learned nothing about portion control.

YMMV.

A girl I work with did this as well. She lost a lot of weight, but gained it all back and then some when she got tired of it. And it sounded horrible to me.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Hiya. Have been doing protein world for 19 days... First week most 7lbs, second week 1lb and have lost one more as of this morning. So 9lbs in 19 days. I'm pretty happy with this. 2x shakes a day with 1% milk and then a bowl of weetabix for dinner with 1% milk. Calorie intake a day about 1100kcals and going to the gym for 50mins a day everyday!

What happens after you stop doing protein world?

This^

Let me guess.....the weight comes back.....but the good thing is she's learned a short term solution for taking the weight off.....again!