Gym Tips? (Strength Training)

Options
2»

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Since you kind of already know the SL routine, I think you'll be okay. That first time can be intimidating, no doubt, but you already know what you're doing for the most part. Good luck!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Just to be clear, I'm not worried in the least about other people or what they think of me. I'm worried most about my form and proper gym/weight etiquette.

And I do have pretty good schedule flexibility, so I'll be in mid-morning most days.

When I used Gold's, at the one I used, very few people used proper gym etiquette. Weights were never re-racked, and they left a maze of the heavier dumbbells on the floor in front of the dumbbell racks. It's one reason I switched gyms.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the others. No one is really watching you or even paying much attention. You may get a few looks in the beginning just for being a female lifter in the predominantly male section but if you continue to show up day in and day out, you will see the regulars. I have actually managed to get to know a few of the regulars in the free weight section which has come in handy as the lifts get heavier and I workout without a partner 99.9% of the time.

This!!

I was the fat girl in the weight room...still chubby, but the meatheads know me. Respect me, and what I'm doing.