Options
13»

Replies

• editress
    editress Posts: 25 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    MelWick524 wrote: »
    I lost 60lbs on WW back in '08-'09...but...I was essentially doing the same thing as I am now on MFP, and I had to pay for it.

I didn't have luck with WW after pregnancy, because I binged on fruits & veggies. It took me a LONG time to get this through my head, because WW had taught me I could eat "as much" 0pts/Simply Filling foods as I want...but...my trainer told me, "6,000 calories of fruits and veggies is still 6,000 calories, no matter how many points they're worth." That's when it really clicked.

WW was fabulous before pregnancy. After pregnancy? I changed, my mind changed, everything changed. So, I guess it all depends on your mindset and self-control.

I don't believe a calorie is a calorie but we can agree to disagree. But what i believe is that if you CAN say eat 6,000 in fruit an veggies (which is a lot of water and dense food) vs 6,000 in chocolate you would be much more satisfied in the fruit and veggies. This is not being snarky but I looked at your diary and you say you are eating the same on MFP as you did when you binged on veggies and fruit WW. I do not see a lot of fruit or veggies incorporated in your diary but a lot pf processed food.

Even though I love MFP it does not teach one to eat healthy. I have seen so many unhealthy diary's on MFP but because they eat thier daily calories they are fine. I find when I eat more whole foods even though calories exceed my daily calories I lose vs eating junk .

On WW I will eat an apple if I was hungry but on MFP when I have 100 calories left I might go for baked chips instead of an apple just because they are about the same in calories but on WW they come out totally different points vs calories.

Bottom line they are both great but it is what works best for you!