I Have to Learn How to Shop Again!

Options
flaminica
flaminica Posts: 304 Member
After 30 lbs lost, I went shopping today with my sister and husband to buy some "in-between" clothes because I have nothing that fits. I complained to my sister how much good denim jeans cost and she said "So just go to Old Navy." Out of reflex I replied "I can't go there, nothing fits." My sister just looked at me and said "Of course you can. They have your size."

A light went on in my head and I thought "YES! I can shop in REAL PEOPLE stores now!"

I am 52 years old and have worn a plus-size since I was a teenager. I have never shopped anywhere but a plus-size boutique or sometimes the "big-girl shame section" at the back of the ladies-wear store. Today, I bought jeans off the rack at a normal store for the first time in my life, and paid 25 bucks instead of 75.

In another 50 lbs, I want to shop off the Junior Petite rack. I can shop anywhere now!

Replies

• vkmango4
    vkmango4 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far. You must feel empowered! Good Luck on your journey.
  • Fit4Yah
    Fit4Yah Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job!
  • hotcoffee692
    hotcoffee692 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you!
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Just a word or 2 about the junior's rack though. You might be able to fit them but they probably will not fit your body. I am a size 2 and there is no junior size that looks good on me. Life and babies locate our parts differently than when we were teens. We have real curves that teens do not have. It is not a bad thing though and there are a lot of happy medium stores that aim at the 20-30 crowd so that the styles are young but the cut is more mature.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    That's a great "problem" to have! Good luck!
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    flaminica wrote: »
    After 30 lbs lost, I went shopping today with my sister and husband to buy some "in-between" clothes because I have nothing that fits. I complained to my sister how much good denim jeans cost and she said "So just go to Old Navy." Out of reflex I replied "I can't go there, nothing fits." My sister just looked at me and said "Of course you can. They have your size."

A light went on in my head and I thought "YES! I can shop in REAL PEOPLE stores now!"

I am 52 years old and have worn a plus-size since I was a teenager. I have never shopped anywhere but a plus-size boutique or sometimes the "big-girl shame section" at the back of the ladies-wear store. Today, I bought jeans off the rack at a normal store for the first time in my life, and paid 25 bucks instead of 75.

In another 50 lbs, I want to shop off the Junior Petite rack. I can shop anywhere now!

I have lost 80 pounds and can so relate with this.
    Totally lost with the "new" sizes that are even still changing lol

But luxury problem. Takes me longer to shop around and find my new size and fitting clothes
  • Megeffer
    Megeffer Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I recently had to bring a Co worker of mine shopping for in between clothes. I honestly had no idea how to dress myself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!