How do you have your avacado?

Options
I can't stomach avacado without feeling naseous!! It is good for me though so I feel obligated to eat some if I want to get anywhere with this fitness stuff....so how do you guys have your avacados that make it tastier??

Replies

• redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I spread my avocado on toast instead of butter, and put a pinch of salt on top. So good. I love avocados though. You could always eat guacamole, though I would recommend making it yourself to assure that is doesn't have any additives or chmicals in there.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Mmm I LOVE avocado!!!!! My favorite way to eat it lately is on wheat toast!! I mash up half of an avocado with a little feta and some diced tomatoes...a little lemon juice... then I spread that on my wheat toast and top with cucumber slices! SO yummy! :)
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I cut them up and put them in sandwiches or salads. If you don't like the taste, adding lime juice helps.
  • radcliff17
    radcliff17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I put them in smoothies with fruit and you hardly notice they are there....but I like them on everything else too.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    sorry to say this but if you dont like it as is, then its not for you :laugh: I LOVE avocados and even eat them straight out with a tad bit of salt! guacamole is always terrific with some salsa, refried beans and tortilla chips!!!!
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    I spread my avocado on toast instead of butter, and put a pinch of salt on top. So good. I love avocados though. You could always eat guacamole, though I would recommend making it yourself to assure that is doesn't have any additives or chmicals in there.

what you're doing seems to be working since you look like you've lost weight....but how much toast do you have? What things have you cut out of your diet that has made a huge impact?
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    I put them in smoothies with fruit and you hardly notice they are there....but I like them on everything else too.

really?? wow haven't tried in smoothie before
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Squeeze lemon on it.

I squeeze lemon, sprinkle cayenne pepper and himalasalt on it.

I loveeee spreading them on whole wheat toast.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Avocado isn't a requirement for this "fitness stuff". If it makes you nauseous, don't eat it!
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I either have it with mayo for my sandwhich or I mix it with cream cheese, milk and eggs with some ham (green eggs and ham)
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i have it on my face in the form of a mask.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I can't stomach avacado without feeling naseous!! It is good for me though so I feel obligated to eat some if I want to get anywhere with this fitness stuff....so how do you guys have your avacados that make it tastier??
    I just want to point out that you actually do not have to eat avocados to lose weight or "get anywhere with this fitness stuff."
  • christinamfanning
    Options
    If its for breakfast straight out of the skin or today i tried banana chunks with it, for lunch with slices of Roma Tomatoes and Apple cider vinegar and if with dinner --on top of grilled chicken
  • mjlong
    mjlong Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Plain! Yumm! California girl in me! But I love it on sandwiches, burgers, salad, with ranch, with tomato, salt and pepper. But if you don’t like them why eat them?
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Cut in half, olive oil, salt and pepper on the flesh, grilled on barbecue until warm and with char marks.

Then, in the pit, I put cut up tomatoes and red onions with lime juice.

It tastes delicious!

Edited to add: There are quite a few healthy foods that I hate and don't eat! It hasn't impacted my weight loss -- I just find other healthy foods that I love and enjoy to eat and incorporate those into my diet. Don't make this change more painful or complicated than it has to be :smile:. Just my $0.02. That said, if you prepare it as above, it is very very tasty!
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    I'll often mash a half of avocado with cottage cheese and tomatoes. Other than that we make a lot of homemade guac.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I like to have my avacado from behind ..

I don't get it. If you don't like them, don't eat them.
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I mix it with a can of tuna or leftover chicken, salsa, salt, and pepper. Sometimes with a little hot sauce. Yum! I also have it on top of cowboy skillet, which is sweet potatoes, sausage and eggs (broiled, with runny yolks)... Again, sometimes with hot sauce. :tongue:

To be honest, I like avocado (and hot sauce) with just about anything. Really adds lighter flavor to most recipes.

I don't like them on their own, though. Ha.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Ha, I put it in everything. It'll make your smoothies suuuper creamy (same goes for homemade salad dressings), throw it in salads, use it in place of butter, make some guac and put that on salads or sandwiches etc. I even make pudding out of avocado some times, haha!