Which cereal brands are good for weight loss??

Options
getting so bored w/ oatmeal every morning don't like eggs. I personally think oatmeal is boring and not that must taste. I did put some fruits ehhh :/

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    If you stay within your goals, any are fine. But you'll probably find that the higher the fiber content, the more filling the cereal.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    If you stay within your goals, any are fine.
    This.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch ftw!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I dont think it matters, but what helps me a lot is to use a premade vanilla protein shake instead of milk (I use Premier Protein - 30g protein in 11 oz). Helps me hit my protein goals for the day and is a little more filling. Regular milk has protein too, just not as much.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    All of them. Weigh calorie dense cereals like Dragon's Blend, Hemp, and Chia very carefully.

If you like picking cereals with a "healthy" cachet, try the new Edge High Protein.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    Any cereal as long as you 1) measure it by weight as volume is not accurate 2) Log it to fit it into your daily calories.

As stated above higher fiber will likely help you feel full longer, but in terms of weight loss it is a matter of calorie balance.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    eat-all-the-things.jpg

Seriously - eat whatever you want. I enjoy Fruity Pebbles and Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries (in strawberry milk, even) once in a while.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don’t eat breakfast, but sometimes eat cereal as snacks. I like the Nature’s Path line of cereal (you can google them), especially their Heritage Flakes (30g = 120 cal / 4g protein / 5g fibre). It's tasty and not too sweet.

Otherwise, I love Lucky Charms :smiley: . They also make me happy, so that’s a plus. I don’t find them filling, but the protein shake idea above is awesome. You can also get protein fortified milk these days.

Also, any cereal is “good for weight loss” as long as it fits within your calories and macros.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Any brand as long as it fits your goals
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

kgtpw7jaswew.jpg

Have served me well.

What are these glorious things and where do I find them? That looks like the best cereal in the world.

OP- I'm a fan of virtually all cereals, but I do tend to eat Kashi Go Lean for the extra protein boost.
  • captivatedlife
    captivatedlife Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I eat cereal for my dessert.... just saying!
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I eat cereal for my dessert.... just saying!

BREAKFAST, LUNCH, DINNER, & DESSERT! I'm obsessed with cereal :smiley:
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    SBRRepeat wrote: »

kgtpw7jaswew.jpg

Have served me well.

What are these glorious things and where do I find them? That looks like the best cereal in the world.

OP- I'm a fan of virtually all cereals, but I do tend to eat Kashi Go Lean for the extra protein boost.

I'm in the UK so have to rely on overpriced American import websites for my US cereal and chocolate/candy needs.

I assumed they'd be available in most US stores.

PS They are glorious.
    PPS They are far more glorious than lucky charms.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    All food is good for weight loss
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    SBRRepeat wrote: »

kgtpw7jaswew.jpg

Have served me well.

I'm in the UK so have to rely on overpriced American import websites for my US cereal and chocolate/candy needs.

I assumed they'd be available in most US stores.

PS They are glorious.
    PPS They are far more glorious than lucky charms.

I got really sad when I saw "UK" then really happy when I read on. You import cereals? That's serious dedication.

I've never seen them before, so I clearly need to up my cereal game and do some searching.

ETA: There is a feature on their website to search for stores that stock the product of your choice near you. Seriously. Looks like I'm making a trip to Walmart.
    Next level cereal eating, achieved.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Just found out that Honey Bunches of Oats has a high percentage of daily iron, which is something I'm lacking. And they taste pretty darned good (actually, there are a lot of flavors).
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I added Crazy Richard's Pure PB to my morning oat bran... It's pretty tasty, and a nice change up to my breakfast... I'm not a huge cereal person(milk tastes so gross!), but I do enjoy Captain Crunch n Berries(dry, no milk, usually!) every once in a while!!! Any cereal is "good" as long as you can fit it into your daily calorie needs!!!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I put peanut butter in my oatmeal. Other days I have cottage cheese.

Any and all cereal is fine for weight loss. I personally can't rely on it to keep me full until lunch, however. I swear I get hungry while rinsing out the bowl. :wink:
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I just ate a Cocoa Puffs cereal bar, and I'm pretty sure my scale is going to be a little lower tomorrow, so Cocoa Puffs definitely works for weightloss.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    If you are volume eater - like myself - stick to the cereals that have a 110 calorie per 1 cup ratio. I find that when I want to eat way more than a cup, I can do so without feeling greedy. That being said, my favorite is "Multi Grain Cheerios" because they are a little sweet so you don't need sugar and they are pretty low calorie and filling. I was on a "Special K with Red Berries" kick until I weighed out a serving was really P'd off by the fact that I need to eat 2 cups just to fill the bowl where I wanted to fill it to.

Now, I live with a 34 year old child who loves sugary cereals and sometimes I'm tempted by the "Sugar Smacks" and usually cave in. They tend to weigh less so they fill the bowl without being a tremendous amount of calories. His new favorite is "Captain Crunch with Berries" which I have no want or need to experiment with! LOL

My favorite tasting one is Life or Quaker Oat Squares, but the calories are a tad high. Or at least for my volume eater brain.

But really, eat what you like, and eat what fits.