Options
2»

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Joannah700 wrote: »
    They explore the external challenges because...Superman is a stand-up guy and doesn't seem to struggle internally.

I think people miss his internal struggles. In many different mediums (movies, books, etc) he has had to fight against his own abuse of power, using just compassion instead of hate, and other issues of character. This was especially true of stories including his younger self and coming into this power, life, and leadership that is thrust upon him. The problem there is, people deny the power within themselves to settle for mediocrity, so the storyline doesn't resonate as it should. Truth be told, people are too self-UNaware, the amazing journey of Superman's quest to conquer himself is lost on them, like the major lines of Moby Dick.

I think the quote, "with great power comes great responsibility" is misplaced in Spiderman and really would be more applicable with Superman.

• lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Superman is still the most epic superhero out there. I don't understand why being good is something that is frowned upon. The only time he sucked is when they had his superdog Krypto, his supercat, and his superhorse helping him fight crime. In hindsight those SuperPet stories are ridiculous, but to an eight year old they were so much fun to read.

• RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    spider pig spider pig does whatever a spider pig does, can he swing from a Web, no he can't because he's a pig...

Omi...now i have this diddy running through my brain! Curse you @pipsqueak1990!!