gastric bypass etc

Options
1235»

Replies

• MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    1234usmc wrote: »
    I don't mean to offend anyone but I'm sure I will. That being said, it irritates the $ hit out of me when people that have had surgery to lose weight give advice like eat small meals, walk, whatever. It may all be valid but that's not how you did it so don't tell other people how to do it. Congrats on doing something to be healthier but don't confuse that with the hard work and sacrifice others are going thru.

You have posted that after all of the comments that you wish you could take this post down. Others have advised that all you have to do is ask the moderator to remove it. But yet this post remains. What I'd really like to know is why did you post it in the first place. From what I understand you are not a weight loss surgery patient so why did you feel the need to post this.
  • MarciBkonTrk
    Options
    1234usmc wrote: »
    I don't mean to offend anyone but I'm sure I will. That being said, it irritates the $ hit out of me when people that have had surgery to lose weight give advice like eat small meals, walk, whatever. It may all be valid but that's not how you did it so don't tell other people how to do it. Congrats on doing something to be healthier but don't confuse that with the hard work and sacrifice others are going thru.

It's been my experience that when someone prefaces a comment with "I don't mean to offend anyone" that the person actually meant to offend. See I think offending posters was exactly your goal. You haven't had WLS, you have a complete ignorance to the process, so I am going to ask once again. What was the actual purpose of your post?
  • nikkinoellemary
    nikkinoellemary Posts: 119 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This is the second thread I've seen today showing scrutiny towards this topic, so I thought I would raise my voice this time. I'm sorry if I am redundant.

I have next to no knowledge about WLS, but a friend of mine has been considering it. I don't care how hard I have to work to become as healthy as I want to be or how frustrating it is; I don't consider surgery to be an 'easy way out' or any less hard than what I am doing. It is probably harder. Someone else always has it worse than you, harder than you. Whether my friend undergoes the procedure or decides to pursue his new lifestyle a less invasive way, I will just be happy to see him healthy and happy with me.

I like to think that everyone is a student and a teacher in life. Everyone has experiences that no one else has and they should share those experiences if they wish to. Because whether the world benefits from that, or just one person, it is worthwhile.

Thank you for your service in defending my right to my own opinion, OP (edit: and your own!). That said, I don't think that (or anything) gives you (or anyone) the authority to weigh what a person's advice is worth, based on whether or not you feel they "worked as hard" or have "sacrificed" as much as you have. Especially when you don't know them, or the lives they lead!

No matter where you are coming from in yours, I really do wish you all the best in reaching your goals.

And I should thank you too, because reading this thread and the discussions that unfolded have inspired me to further inform myself about what my friend is considering for his future.
  • MarciBkonTrk
    Options
    Once again, the OP said he would take this post down if he could. He's been advised that all he had to do is contact the moderator to take it down and yet this post remains.