Cosplay success!

Options
MarziPanda95
MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
In September 2013 I went to a convention as Lumpy Space Princess from Adventure time. It was the perfect cosplay for me at about 200lbs, since I was 'lumpy'! One of my motivations for losing weight has been for better cosplays. I started in June 2014 at 211lbs. Today I came home and tried on my Bishamon (from the anime/manga Noragami) cosplay (bear in mind that I still need a black bikini top for this cosplay!) and was AMAZED at the difference! I was so proud! I don't think I'd really seen a difference until now. I'm 52lbs down with 19lbs to go to get to goal weight of 140lbs (at 5'7). I also dug out the same LSP cosplay to see how I looked.

Before, 200-210lbs(ish), September 2013:

l4wel2nladfq.jpg

After, 159lbs, today:

vc7ltwu6vgmj.jpg

z5wtnz1wkya7.jpg

lhigm8dylphg.jpg

Replies

• MarziPanda95
    Options
    (Sorry that you'll have to tilt your heads/screens to see, btw! :| )
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your costumes look great, but your grin in the new one is perfect. :)
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a difference! Gratz :-)

(Inappropriate comment: impressed / jealous with how great your rack is looking even though you've clearly lost *loooaaadds* of weight)
  • MarziPanda95
    Options
    Congratulations! Your costumes look great, but your grin in the new one is perfect. :)

Thanks!

Wow! What a difference! Gratz :-)

(Inappropriate comment: impressed / jealous with how great your rack is looking even though you've clearly lost *loooaaadds* of weight)

Thank you! Yeah, I'm glad that they've gone down in good proportion. I've dropped a lot on the band but only one cup size :blush:
  • emilysabear
    Options
    You look awesome and I love your cosplay.
  • emilysabear
    Options
    I'm not sure where the rest of my comment went but it said "goals right here!" lol
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!!!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Amazing!

Though I admit I have a soft spot for Lumpy Space Princess!
  • blu_de_ville
    blu_de_ville Posts: 4,296 Member
    Options
    You look great! Cosplay is one of the reasons I want to loose the extra weight too lol
  • MarziPanda95
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :blush:
    Amazing!

Though I admit I have a soft spot for Lumpy Space Princess!

You just want ma lumps! Oh ma glob! :wink:

• Skeleton_Keys
    Skeleton_Keys Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Mathematical!! You look awesome! I've been stuck at 215 for the past year, and now inched up to 220... It's so frustrating, but this is inspiring. I love me some cosplay!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I think both cosplays look amazing! And wow, what a difference! Great job! I did my first cosplay last fall (Midna from LoZ TLP - pic is in my photos on here) and I totally get how awesome it feels to combine weight loss with a costume you feel great in. Congrats on your success, and have fun at your next con!
  • berrygirl2013
    berrygirl2013 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Noragami is awesome and your Bishamon cosplay is on point! Congrats! You've done great! :smiley:
  • MarziPanda95
    Options
    Thanks guys ^-^
    berrykid13 wrote: »
    Noragami is awesome and your Bishamon cosplay is on point! Congrats! You've done great! :smiley:

I love Noragami so much! Yukine's my favourite but at 5'7 (and with breasts like mine...) I wasn't really able to cosplay him. I still need to get the belts, the black bikini top and the violet coloured contacts, but other than that I'm good to go.
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    WOWWW (but also your original LSP cosplay was awesome). Congrats!
  • MarziPanda95
    Options
    WOWWW (but also your original LSP cosplay was awesome). Congrats!

Thanks! I couldn't be bothered to paint myself purple this time, it was tricky to wash off xD
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Every skin color is beautiful.
    I always wanted to cosplay. I really don't want to show human skin though.

Time to lift heavy MarziPanda.
  • sbetts2229
    sbetts2229 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • BklynFitGuy
    BklynFitGuy Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Great job and your costumes are great too.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    @MarziPanda95 Do you think i could cosplay as catbus and give rides for halloween? How long do you spend on making a costume?

CATBUS_COSPLAY_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!