What do you do when you crave sugar?

Options

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Eating a warm s'mores poptart with a scoop of cookie dough gelato as I read this.

What brand is the cookie dough? What we talking here, 440 calories?
    200 for the tart and 50g of Talenti cookie dough = 305 cals

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    im baaad. I have some of the longer lasting sweets and eat then within reason. If I go a bit overboard I accept it might have slowed the weight loss or alternatively I will put in some more exercise.

Obviously you have the choice to moderate and have a small portion. Ice cream isnt bad on calories at all. Make it last.

Btw if you use search on sweet tooth then lots of people have alternative low calorie solutions which gives them most of the buzz without the calories.
  • lowcarber87
    lowcarber87 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Strawberries are my go to for sugar cravings.

Or no sugar chocolate, nor sugar drinking chocolate or no sugar strawberry powder.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Eating a warm s'mores poptart with a scoop of cookie dough gelato as I read this.

Nice
  • megtowne
    megtowne Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have good quality dark chocolate chips. One serving is 70 calories, but quite a few chips. Eating them one at a time lets me savor them longer. Some days I'll have a tablespoon of peanut butter with then. It feels really indulgent but doesn't put me over.

When I feel like putting in more effort, I make banana "ice cream" - frozen bananas blended with whatever flavor you want (chocolate, peanut butter, vanilla, strawberry, honey, etc). It's a little more calories and sugar, but the consistency is just like soft ice cream, so it makes a good fakeout.
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I do not crave chocolate at all until it is that TOM so the last two days I just made a heath bar fit in to my daily cals. I only am eating a half tonight though. GOOD LUCK! I wanted ice cream too but was afraid to do exactly that lol
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    PS2CR wrote: »
    I eat fruit (esp grapes). I find that if I avoid refined sugar, and substitute just raw fruit, it eventually ends the cravings. Same with salty stuff (I've had some serious cravings for both salt and sugar). Everyone's different, but for me, avoidance is the only alternative to deal with sugar/salt cravings. They go away completely after 3 days abstinence.

so you cure a sugar craving, with sugar? got ya….
  • runnrchic
    runnrchic Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I eat dates, raisins, or a banana with honey and cinnamon. I had a piece of cake today for someone's birthday and I've felt like crap all day. (Oh yeah and an added twist is I was the one who baked it! I have mad cake decorating skills ;-) But I don't usually eat that so it's more of a psychological thing and it's to the point where I just can't eat that stuff anymore and just enjoy it. Bring on the fruit please!
  • ndj1979
    Options

how come I can't find this talenti cookie dough ?????????????
  • arditarose
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I was thinking that too...I can't remember if I've had it or not now.
  • ndj1979
    Options

I was thinking that too...I can't remember if I've had it or not now.

I have not had it, and I am very upset about that….
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I eat sugar every day. Usually ice cream or gelato. I had some frozen yogurt today and was dissatisfied.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    lulupizza wrote: »
    I reallllly want something sweet like maybe some ice cream from Baskin Robins but i'm afraid i'll go overboard :( any suggestions?

So eat something sweet.
    Lol

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    BTW this warrants a trip to the therapist.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I eat sugar every day. Usually ice cream or gelato. I had some frozen yogurt today and was dissatisfied.

:neutral_face: I know. I'm having frozen yogurt tonight too.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    What do I do? The only reasonable thing to do: eat something sugary, of course.
  • ndj1979
    Options

whhhhaaaaattt?

no meat for lunch and no frozen yogurt….what is wrong??? :) LOL
  • arditarose
    Options

whhhhaaaaattt?

no meat for lunch and no frozen yogurt….what is wrong??? :) LOL

I had some...struggles, this weekend. Lol. I'll be back to normal in a couple days, I promise. Thinking about picking up the Gelato Fiasco.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    PS2CR wrote: »
    I eat fruit (esp grapes). I find that if I avoid refined sugar, and substitute just raw fruit, it eventually ends the cravings. Same with salty stuff (I've had some serious cravings for both salt and sugar). Everyone's different, but for me, avoidance is the only alternative to deal with sugar/salt cravings. They go away completely after 3 days abstinence.

so you cure a sugar craving, with sugar? got ya….

trolol @ flagging a statement that simply posits something factual.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Word from the gelato group is that the Talenti cookie dough is a huge disappointment. @OdesAngel can you confirm or deny?