CHALLENGE FOR APRIL 2015 -- SAY "NO" TO NO LATE NIGHT SNACKING

Another Month -- Another Challenge!!!

"Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

You set what you feel is late night snacking. For example, if you have extra calories left for the day, you can have a snack if it's small. Others decide not to eat at a past a certain time. It's up to you.

We go by the formula:
Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it"
LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
Me: 2 - LNS: 1*
if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

Welcome!

Replies

• HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    Great idea, I am glad to see you are doing it again in April, as I just found March's thread and followed your link here.

Snacks seem to call to me after 7PM, especially if I am watching TV. So, I will set my cut-off time at 7PM.
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    I'm in - I will limit my calories to be within my daily target and not sit in front of the TV with an open bag or container of food, only weighed snack size portions.
  • So I totally got out of the habit of logging my progress in this thread. But for March I did pretty good. I changed up my diet some and that has been a big help. I would say I avoided eating after dinner a vast majority of days in March. These threads have been wonderful to help keep me motivated.

Hopefully I can get back in the habit of checking in every day!
  • HappyTrails7
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    I'm in - I will limit my calories to be within my daily target and not sit in front of the TV with an open bag or container of food, only weighed snack size portions.

My first try at this, but I am eager to stop my evening snack. I gave soda up about a year ago from a challenge from my son, I am hoping this challenge will have the same result.
  • HappyTrails7
    Me: 1 - LNS: 0
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    welcome happytrails7, turtlesaver and BRaye325!!!!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    April 1

Me: 1*
    LNS: 0
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Me: 1 - LNS: 0
  • Trying my damnest to get back on track. Anybody else tired of being tired? :smile: Let's do this!

Me: 1
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member

I am working on going to bed early. And getting up early.
  • JustineElizabeth
    JustineElizabeth Posts: 54 Member
    edited April 2015
    Me: 1 LNS: 0

Goals for April for me are no LNS and at least 7 hours of sleep per night. The two goals are, for me, intertwined. I am feeling optimistic. :)

@tinydancer8282 Absolutely. I'm with you.
  • I'm in..

Me 0
    LNS 1

• italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    I'm in.
    April 1st
  • cruisingthrough
    cruisingthrough Posts: 10 Member
    Need this. Such a great idea, thank you!

Me: 0
    LNS: 1*
  • Since I work from 1pm to midnight this will be hard for me. I am always starving when I get off. I come home eat whatever is handy and go to bed.
  • GraemeMcC
    GraemeMcC Posts: 44 Member
    Sounds good to me, I'm starting on a bit of a back foot but:
    Me:0 - LNS:1

(LNS = anything after 10:00 pm)
  • queenofknots
    queenofknots Posts: 95 Member
    I'm in. Stressful work day yesterday has me off to a bad start, unfortunately, but today is a new day!

Me: 0
    LNS: 1
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    I really love this. My problem is I snack from the time my family goes to bed till the time my baby finally settles down and goes to sleep. I'm a breast-feeding mom so if I'm really really really hungry and it's true hunger I feel I should eat but I never stop to drink water to figure out which one it is. So I might do you only late-night snacking if it's a vegetable or fruit. And not dipped in ranch. If I don't want to go and peel myself a carrot or cut up Apple something that is healthy then I shouldn't eat it. The last two nights I can tell you that I lost this big time. Today is a new day.
  • April 1:
  • I'm in this might help me. I work crazy hours so sometimes I don't get home till 1or 2am and always want a snack while I wind down from work. Maybe it will help me want to eat breakfast then also.