The Purge-- All crime legal for 12 hours HMmM!?

Options
13»

Replies

• Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I wish MFP would do a purge. I have some s*** to get off my chest.

:angry:

chunlmao.gif
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    i would libel everyone. Twitter uncut

Thank you for knowing the difference between slander and libel and choosing the appropriate term. That is all.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I love hollywood. .they come up with the wackiest ideas! . good times. .

I think I'd arm-up and camp out in my house (with my son safely tucked away in some bunker in Montana). . And wait for it all to be over. .

Oh. .and I'd hire a hooker.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    YGBFKM
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options

Hell yes I'd participate....

I would jaywalk for 12 straight hours! What now PIGS....WHAT NOW?!!!! :smokin: :smokin:

with your jaywalking and my illegal parking, we'd be unstoppable! :devil: mwahahahaha
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    i guess there would be a lot of dead bodies in Alaska since we all have guns and would shoot intruders.

Just like every other day in Alaska, amirite?

Because if everyone has guns then they obviously just go around shooting people, amirite?
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    All crimes that don't endanger other people's health against their will, sure. I'd be okay with drug use/sale, looting, prostitution, etc., but legalizing physical assault, rape, and murder just seems like a really bad idea no matter what.
    This was my thought as well. On the other hand, it would be kinda awesome to run red lights and steal myself a better laptop...I bet lots of priceless artifacts would be stolen during the Purge. The Declaration of Independance was stolen during the Purge? Too bad, so sad, it's a good thing you have copies.:laugh:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    The premise suggests that everyone wants to commit crime, and that laws are the only things holding them back. So if we're all allowed to be criminals for a day we'd be good the rest of the year? I think most good people are good for reasons other than to please the "State" and keep the law. And bad people fear neither.

if you are referring to the movie that is not the premise.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    All crimes that don't endanger other people's health against their will, sure. I'd be okay with drug use/sale, looting, prostitution, etc., but legalizing physical assault, rape, and murder just seems like a really bad idea no matter what.
    This was my thought as well. On the other hand, it would be kinda awesome to run red lights and steal myself a better laptop...I bet lots of priceless artifacts would be stolen during the Purge. The Declaration of Independance was stolen during the Purge? Too bad, so sad, it's a good thing you have copies.:laugh:

here is where Purge Consulting, LLC. can help you. it may be legal to steal anything from gum to the Declaration but that doesnt mean that there wontl be people trying to stop you. government buildings, banks, etc...will have proper security during the Purge.

so it would be best to target softer targets.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    That movie looks like the dumbest idea ever, but it's been advertised so heavily that I want to see it
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    If I were a black man, I'd run around NYC stopping and frisking white police officers because screw that stupid law. Since I'm actually a white woman and Canadian, though, my only options are indecent exposure and taking a poop on the doorsteps of people who invite me to play Candy Crush. Pretty much everything I like is legal. My word, I'm boring.
  • WhyFlowersExist
    WhyFlowersExist Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If I were a black man, I'd run around NYC stopping and frisking white police officers because screw that stupid law. Since I'm actually a white woman and Canadian, though, my only options are indecent exposure and taking a poop on the doorsteps of people who invite me to play Candy Crush. Pretty much everything I like is legal. My word, I'm boring.

This made me laugh WAY too hard
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    We all have thought about commiting a crime somewhere in our lives. The idea that a one day purge is a good idea is of course only Hollywood, but makes us stop and think just how far away from that behavior is society???
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    I wouldnt cean the equipment in the gym afer I used it. I would lie on the edge. Then I would go back there and wipe them off out of guilt
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    So, why would the government want to create a higher percentage of criminals? That really doesn't make sense.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    So, why would the government want to create a higher percentage of criminals? That really doesn't make sense.

the theory is as this goes on year after year the criminals will be getting killed off, get their aggression out etc... in the world of the Purge it seems unemployment is around one percent and crime is at an all time low.