How often do you guys weigh/measure?

Options
I'm relatively new to this, heh. Think once a week is okay?

Replies

• brtgl
    brtgl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. This way I can catch myself if I'm starting to stray in the wrong direction.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday morning.
  • runny111
    runny111 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Everyday
  • variablepenguin
    variablepenguin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Once a week in the morning. If you're actually tracking your food and exercise, you shouldn't be slipping up.
  • hstull82
    hstull82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning to hold myself accountable. Measure about once a month.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I weigh myself/log my weight once a week, every Friday morning. I put more stock in logging my foods and making sure that I am with in my calories and the scale with catch up with that success eventually... Some people are avid scale people, others like me, not so much... good luck! :D
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week. I see no reason to weigh in daily - our weight fluctuates day to day. I'd drive myself nuts weighing in every single day.

I take measurements probably once a month. Again, there's no reason to measure weekly. Unless you've got a lot of weight to lose and are losing quickly, there probably won't be much difference in your measurements from week to week.

For my current cut, I'm weighing in weekly but I'm waiting a full 8 weeks to get another set of measurements.
  • davidcliff
    davidcliff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Weigh once a week, measure once a month. I'd like to get in and have my BF% taken, that'd be the next thing I'd like to track.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I weigh about once every week or two, or if I wake up feeling skinny. I measure when I go too long without seeing anything on the scale (which can be 2-4 weeks).
  • kaitlinrt
    kaitlinrt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 3-4 times a week, in the morning.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Saturday, on my day off in case I've gained. I don't want to be in a sour mood at work. I used to weigh myself everyday but then I started kind of becoming obsessed with the number.

I measure myself quite a bit but I should probably just do that once a week as well when I weigh in.
  • scratchdesk
    scratchdesk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning and track it. I wasn't too concerned with daily weight at first but as I've progressed I've been more interested in understanding how my body reacts and how the value fluctuates daily. I don't get too worried/excited when I go up or down a bit. I look weekly (Monday) to determine how I I'm actually doing.
  • jenniferjohnsonament
    jenniferjohnsonament Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Im new to maitenance so im still weighing daily to try to see what my normaly fluctuations are. I think once I get a good handle on that ill move to once a week.
  • adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Every Friday morning. I was doing it daily but the three-four pound fluctuations were making me crazy.
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, I measure my waist, hips, thighs, arms, and bust once month, usually in the mornings just before I workout.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    no more than 2 times a month
  • _onebeauty
    _onebeauty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Minimum I should weigh myself is 1x per week; this is far from what happens. I would weigh myself every morning... but bc our weight fluctuates naturally; it just ruins my mood. & you said your new? Welcome!!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Once every 3 months or so (on maintenance). When I was actively working on losing weight, I weighed in monthly.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    bgowder wrote: »
    I weigh every morning. This way I can catch myself if I'm starting to stray in the wrong direction.

weight fluctuates. that's just part of the game.
    seeing an extra couple lbs one morning doesnt necessarily mean you're straying in the wrong direction, and can have a negative impact on your mindset and success. i would consider reevaluating that practice.

• rebbajay
    rebbajay Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Daily, I don't have fluctuations like many people do. I need that number to keep me accountable. I am hoping once I am at goal to do it weekly.