What is the workout you like the most

Options
2»

Replies

• carolynmo1969
    carolynmo1969 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My Gym has a Cybex "Arc Climber" - I find it gives me a better variety of movements than just an eliptical. My current fave - good old walking outside! I have 2 dogs and an incredible, HUGE off-leash park with a walking trail all around it, we spend 90 minutes a day there on weekends, I have been trying to squeeze in a minimum of 40 mintues on workevenings. Now that the dogs have become accustomed to it, the walk happens rain or shine. I live on the West Coast of Canada, that rain is happening a lot more often than the shine. I love aquafit & water running in summer at outdoor pools. And in the gym, I love love love arm & lat workouts.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights makes me REALLY happy.

I can't just run or walkon a treadmill and be happy; however, I absolutely love swimming (especially long distances), so if I'm not lifting, I'm in the pool or taking my dog out for a long walk/run. I also used to be super active with some local rec-softball leagues. That's great for meeting people and getting some exercise in.

Hopefully whatever you find, it's something you truly enjoy doing.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Zumba on my wii!

This and treadmill and weight machines.
  • cottonbug
    Options
    I like the Elliptical.....
  • lesliewalker108
    lesliewalker108 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    stepwork work out with kathy smith ( 80's favorite).I had a copy on vhs and transferred to dvd. They dont make these any more.I did it last night and felt it in my legs.
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Skiing, spin classes for the super calorie burn, and yoga are my faves
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    When I spent a lot of time at the gym I LOVED the cardiowave. It feels like a stairmaster/elliptical.... almost like you are skating. Very fun. I also like the elliptical and the treadmill. I was never good at running though (and was embarrassed to do so in front of people for some reason), so I just set the treadmill at a very steep incline and walked up. My legs ached but in a good way.

I need to get a gym membership again...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Hiking and gardening are hands down my favorite forms of exercise. The great outdoors is where it's at.