What's your commitment level to weight loss?

Options
13»

Replies

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Before the 1st of the month, I would say it was around an 8/10. I've set a goal for myself to lose 20lbs before May (weightloss competition at work), so considering I had lost 45lbs since November before that, I feel comfortable saying it is now a 10/10.
  • louloustreissguth
    louloustreissguth Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    10. Definitely a huge 10.
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym instead of running outside due to a injury I'm allowing to heal. So gym 5-6 days a week. I log everything I eat correctly by weighing/ measuring it. I stay within my calorie goals and do eat modest amounts of yummy sugar foods. I walk my dogs 3-6 miles a day. I consider my dedication pretty low because this is now just my everyday life. It's became a habit now because I've been living this way for years.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I want to say high 9 because some days I go to the gym twice. I only have one rest day a week and my calories are always net 1350 with or without exercise on any given day and I log everything I eat. I won't say 10 because every few weeks I will go out to eat at a nice restaurant and have drinks and not log it.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options

Doing this the healthy and sustainable way. Not losing too fast and still enjoying any type of foods I want in moderation and only sometimes. My kids are the only ones that know how hard I'm working at this since I still live normally and not like someone stuck in a neverending salad bowl. People are noticing my weight loss, but I only thank them if they compliment and then move on to another subject. I feel completely successful because I'm losing and don't feel deprived. I'm happier.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Probably about 6-7 on average. It wavers.

Edit - after thinking about it, I was probably being too generous. If I was more committed, I probably wouldn't take every weekend off.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Overall I'm a 9. I'm very committed to a healthy lifestyle with diet and exercise. I log accurately and exercise at least 5-6 days a week. However, my weight loss is slow due to other health issues. I take a medication where the primary side effects are "weight gain" and "joint pain" so it's a constant battle to combat those SE's to stay on the healthy path and continue to lose.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    9.5 I'm focusing now on losing the last 8/9lbs of a 60 lbs weight loss / lifestyle change that has imcompassed the last 2.5 years of my life and changed everything. Currently workout in some copacity 6 days a week... and eating a paleo lifestyle 80% of the time. The other 20% I am allowed to "have a life" ;)

Hope to reach goal by July 1st!!!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    at 8am its a 10. by lunch its a 9.8 by afternoon snack its a 9 by dinner its an 8 and at night time its on a fluid scale. lol
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    About a 2-3. While I wouldn't mind dropping down 10 lbs (or so), I'm content with where I'm at.
  • PowerKickChic
    PowerKickChic Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Trick question. ;) We all have days when we just want to shove our face into a chocolate cake and other days we kick butt at the gym and have a perfect food diary. Know that those ups and downs are part of the process and its okay to be a 1 some days and be a 10 the next. Just don't give in and let it get the best of you. Today, I'm a 9 :)
    nwa2e0jqsl27.jpg
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    Trick question. ;) We all have days when we just want to shove our face into a chocolate cake and other days we kick butt at the gym and have a perfect food diary. Know that those ups and downs are part of the process and its okay to be a 1 some days and be a 10 the next. Just don't give in and let it get the best of you. Today, I'm a 9 :)
    nwa2e0jqsl27.jpg

worth repeating.

• jcurrie17
    jcurrie17 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A week ago I would have said I really wanted it but I wasn't doing anything about it, I would have given myself a 2 maybe a 3. I had an epiphany over the weekend and realized I was never going to get there until I was at least an 8 but need to be a 9 or 10 most days. I wasn't gaining weight but I wasn't losing it either. It was time to kick it into gear and get serious!
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I've logged on to my fitness pal for 91 days straight now. I did have a week where I didn't log but that was because I was on vacation. I think out of all 91 days, I've maybe had 5 days where I severely overate. So...I think my commitment is at about a 9. I feel good about this, though.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    While I was losing, it was 10/10. But that didn't mean there weren't days when I knowingly went over my goal, or even maintenance. Some times you need to celebrate, or you're sick and need to take care of yourself. I ensured that those days were relatively uncommon and that my overall deficit was OK. And I didn't set any deadlines or time frames.

Now that I'm at maintenance, I'm still committed, but not to weight loss. I do want to avoid gaining it back. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    10 this month.

5 a month ago for weight loss, 7 for maintaining. Now I'm cutting again though (probably not for long).
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate between 8-10. My diet is always super on par but my exercise waxes and wanes depending on my schedule. I do always make sure to get out on some walks though, especially now that the weather is better :)
  • khristiana
    khristiana Posts: 131 Member
    Options
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    On a 1 to 10 scale, 10 being 100% commitment, where would you honestly rank yourself, both based on what's in your head and what goes into your mouth in a given week?

If I was looking for advice (which I'm not), I'd open my diary and you'd see why/how.

tumblr_ln5prn9w1V1qzmz8k.jpg
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    10...34 pounds lost in 3 months...Start Weight 278 Now 244 26 pounds to go!!!!!