Over 50 Group - Recruiting New Members

Options

Replies

• BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    For those uncertain, we have members in their 40's through 80's. We did pass the 150 member mark. I was told that 175 would put us in the top 2% of MFP groups.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    We just hit 160. We also have a new co-leader, marekdds. She lost over 80 pounds and has been maintaining for 3 yrs on MFP.
  • Deputymax
    Deputymax Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 62 and have lost 59 lbs (47 with MFP), on my way to 80 lbs. I live in So. California and am looking forward to some inspiration and motivation to get rid of those last 21 lbs.
  • patmid
    patmid Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, my name is Pat and I live in the UK. I am 70 years old, have lost 32lbs so far and would like to lose another 28lbs. I am struggling at the moment and like many others would like to improve my weight loss. Let's do this.

• BRaye325
    Options
    Hi Max and Pat, great to meet you. Both of you have done great! Looking forward to getting to know you better. We just hit the 175 mark!
  • delaneysmom46
    delaneysmom46 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Terri and I live in New England. Fairly new to MFP but loving it so far. Excited to be a part of this group.
  • louminouche
    louminouche Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I live in Essex England and always struggling to lose weight as I love food. I have 55 lbs to lose. My big problem is that I am not consistent, eg. Today I am on watermelon and chicken diet!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Hi Terri & Lou, it's wonderful to have you on board. If you haven't done so already:
    All you need to do is click on this link or paste it in your address bar:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group

Then you can meet the rest of the group and start participating in the many ongoing discussions there!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Check out our Daily Goals vs The Gremlins thread, it lots of fun and motivation.
  • AnointedZ
    AnointedZ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well I'll be 50 this year does that still count?
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Sure, we have members in their 40's to 80's. :smile:
  • AnointedZ
    AnointedZ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new to MFP, I have recently lost 7lbs I know not a lot but I am not despising small beginnings :)
  • BRaye325
    Options
    You shouldn't say 7 lbs is not a lot, go pickup something that weighs that like a gallon of water and walk around with it for 5 minutes and then bask in glory of what you've already accomplished!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    We've passed the 190 member mark - help us reach 200!
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    eileensofianmushinfine Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I just joined your group. I turned 51 in April. Over the past 18 months, I have lost 45 pounds. I joined MFP in December when I got my first activity band. Looking forward to "meeting" all of you!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    More than 200 active members! That put's us in the top 2% and one of the top 25 most active groups in all of MFP. Thanks to all of you that contribute regularly and invite your friends. We're old to some, but we just keep getting better!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    One of our group leaders, marekdds, just started a discussion on "The Dreaded Plateau" - check it out.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Set up some goals to help make you successful on our "Daily Goals vs The Gremlins" thread.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    I'm Bill and I'd like to invite all of you that are in the 50+ age range (or so) to join our group.

I am a co-leader of the group along with Bee (BBee5064). We have been working to create a group that is inspiring, educational, a social gathering place, and fun for the older MFP members.

All you need to do is click on this link or paste it in your address bar:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group

If you aren't yet familiar with groups, they are very similar to this general forum but specifically tailored for the members.

Our group is public which means you can view it before deciding to join.
    If you decide to join, make sure to hit the green 'join this group' button.
    Once you join, the group will always appear at the bottom of your 'Community' page.

Feel free to check my profile or send me a message with any thoughts.

Please post below if you join or have any comments or questions.

I'm looking forward to meeting you. ;)

Reposting this for those that want to join.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    We now have 227 active members and we're getting better every week, check us out!