Over 50 Group - Recruiting New Members

Options

Replies

• diane5414
    diane5414 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm joining, I have to learn how to get around this app, where to post food, how to talk to people, it kind of intimidating
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Great to have you on board Diane. We look forward to getting to know you!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Lot's of great motivation to be found in our "Aging With an Attitude!" thread - check it out!

To join our group, all you need to do is click on this link or paste it in your address bar:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group

If you aren't yet familiar with groups, they are very similar to this general forum but specifically tailored for the members.

Our group is public which means you can view it before deciding to join.
    If you decide to join, make sure to hit the green 'join this group' button.
    Once you join, the group will always appear at the bottom of your 'Community' page.

Feel free to check my profile or send me a message with any thoughts.

Please post below if you join or have any comments or questions.

I'm looking forward to meeting you. ;)
  • BRaye325
    Options
    If your age is between 40 - 80 and your looking for friends, check us out!

To join our group, all you need to do is click on this link or paste it in your address bar:
  • BRaye325
    Options
    I hit my 100 pound loss mark today! I owe much of the success to belonging to this positive supportive group.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    1000 Posts / 100 Pounds Lost

So here I am on the day I just hit the 100 pound lost mark. I'm contemplating what the key items are that continue to help me be successful with my fitness. I am a firm believer in paying it forward to share whatever works for me so perhaps it can help others that may be where I started last year. Here's my thoughts:

Focus, Track, Move - that's it!

Focus - I'm a numbers nerd and it hit me as ironic that on this day, I also tallied my 1000th post on MFP. If last year someone told me, just start posting comments, questions, suggestions, encouragement, and positive feedback on a fitness website and for every 10 posts, you'll lose a pound, I would have laughed at them. However that's exactly what happened to me. Plugging myself into the social circle here on MFP is what keeps me focused daily on my own goals. It keeps my priorities in line. My health & fitness is something I need to pay attention to every day!

Track - Just do it and do it honestly. My mind can get very creative when lying to myself and tracking my calorie intake needs constant vigilance. It's really almost second nature now that I've been doing it for 419 days. I can recite the calories and macro nutrients on 80% of my diary. Eyeballing portion sizes I'm good at, as long as I want to be, but I find measuring needs to be a pretty regular thing to make sure I stay honest. I need to track everything, everyday.

Move - It doesn't matter if you're only up to picking up one arm and waving it in the air or dancing the chicken dance - do whatever you can do. Last year I struggled to even walk, but I did. Now, I'm riding my bike, lifting weights, gardening, and wrestling on the ground with my grandsons. It means so much to your health to just move!

My initial plan started as just - Track. Then after a couple months it changed to - Track, Move. The last element of adding Focus really happened by accident and has turned into the best thing that could have happened to me. I've made many friends, gotten a great education, and helped others. I'm truly blessed to have the opportunity to learn about how others deal with their health and fitness issues. It's made me more open-minded. I feel like I finally have a mature plan for my continuing good health.

• BRaye325
    Options
    “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does.“ - Serena Williams
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Today's "Just Fun Stuff" addition:

5ny4sjgncmxx.jpg

If you aren't yet familiar with groups, they are very similar to this general forum but specifically tailored for the members.

Once you join, the group will always appear at the bottom of your 'Community' page.

• BRaye325
    Options
    This week's quote:
    “I've failed over and over again in my life and that's why I succeed.“ - Michael Jordan

• BRaye325
    Options
    Check out our thread "What do we want to achieve today?" and set some daily targets for yourself.
  • JazzNFotos
    JazzNFotos Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great idea and I'd like to be a part of this. I'm 57 and after some difficulties am on my way back. Also, looking for friends!. Feel free to read my profile. This is my second round with MFP. Success to all!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Glad to have you on board Dave! We look forward to getting to know you!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Check out the new thread "I'm back baby!" from Farback. He's a firefighter that recovered from a heart attack and is in the best shape of his life.

• BRaye325
    Options
    We're making the push to hit 500 active members - check us out!

• BRaye325
    Options
    Today's 'Just Fun Stuff' post:

sain5sbpc2vt.jpg
  • crpoll5
    crpoll5 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I quit using this site about a year ago and gained all my pounds back. I realize I need MFP or I fail. Looking for some new best friends to help me get back to where I was at before I started drinking Pepsi and eating Doritos again. I promise I will be very active and try to be supportive. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • robeylori
    robeylori Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I'm Lori I live in Texas. I will be 50 this month! Count me in!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Hi Lori, welcome to the group! We look forward to getting to know you.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Quote of the Week
    "You are never to old to set another goal or to dream a new dream..." - C. S. Lewis

• Walkingoffthelbs
    Walkingoffthelbs Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Karen and turning 50 this month. Just joined your group. Blooming forward to all the guidance, help and support!