• uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    sby8aw8pmvce.gif
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Those people likely have synced scales that automatically post. It can't be helped.

Personally, I'm a daily weigh-in person, but I don't log water weight gains. I only log losses. You betcha I record EVERY loss.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Remove them from your friend list if they annoy you.

I am a weekly weigher and I don't care if someone wants to record a tiny loss daily. If someone wants to weigh every day then I think they should record every up or down no matter the size otherwise what is the point?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Why do you think it bothers you so much?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I dont care either way. I see the fluctuation side and wouldnt bother myself, but if its importnat to them and it motivates then good for them. Lot more things annoy me on this site than that, but youd probably get banned for airing them. Ps I weigh myself regularly and find it motivating.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Why do you think you it bothers you so much?
    Jealousy?
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Maybe because people like to know how their body fluctuates normally? It's much easier to get solid evidence for a downward trend in weight with more data points. Just unfriend the people who do it if it bothers you so much?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Why do you think you it bothers you so much?

That's a lot of "you"'s. How 'bout you?

I'm sorry, you have quoted a typo that no longer exists ;)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and never log it, that annoys MyFitnessPal.

Some people have the scale that automatically syncs with the app and updates it for them, so they aren't logging those tiny fluctuation the app is.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    well, this thread should end well....

OP - you know you can just ignore that stuff right?????????
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My scale is sync'd to the site, so every time I step on the scale, it automatically records it.
  • bigblondewolf
    bigblondewolf Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those daily weigh-ers as well, but it also annoys the heck out of me to see those little .2lb losses in my newsfeed consistently from the same people. But you just learn to ignore it.

For my part, I've actually changed my settings so that my weigh ins don't automatically post to my newsfeed so that others don't have to see them.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    (shrug) I weigh daily out of curiosity, record my weight once a week on the same day and record whatever that is, even if it's a "minuscule" loss (or gain) - or if it's exactly the same. Then over time I look at the trend.

Not sure what the problem could be here.
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself as often as I feel like but I only log on Thursdays and Mondays.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. Weighing daily helps me focus less on my actual weight and more on the trend. I like seeing the fluctuations and learning why they happen, but overall my focus is looking month to month.

If I were weighing less frequently, each weigh in would have more importance. But daily weights lets me see past the number and look at the trend instead.

It's not my fault that MFP chooses to announce every time I lose .1 lbs.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I weigh daily, but I only log actual 'weigh-ins' on Saturdays.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm one of those daily weigh-ers as well, but it also annoys the heck out of me to see those little .2lb losses in my newsfeed consistently from the same people. But you just learn to ignore it.

For my part, I've actually changed my settings so that my weigh ins don't automatically post to my newsfeed so that others don't have to see them.

I started to weigh daily in September and I record weight every day in FitBit. Soon my daily "losses" (and I'm in maintenance) started to annoy ME, so I did the same :p
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i guess i'm one of those who annoys you. sorry :smile:
    i like to weigh and record every day b/c there is this neat little app on the MFP app on my phone which shows a graph of weight loss/gains and i like to be able to see my whole month with ups and downs. also, if i start to gain, i have a better handle of what i'm doing wrong vs. after weighing-in only once per week, it is "too late" to fix a problem and i might already be up 5 lbs. i can also see major weight loss and say Hey that works! :smile: